Bin Build

Started by Anonymous, September 3, 2013, 08:04

Anonymous

HI Guys so i have just bought my 2 less than a month ago and already couldnt help myself but go with a few audio mods, Coilovers front strut and new Wheels are next on my agenda.
Thought i would post this so you guys can see the progress as i went through and if anyone has any queries about how or why i did my bin build this way feel free to ask.

m http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/shift ... .jpeg.html m
 m http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/shift ... 6.jpg.html m

Let Me know what you think guys  s:) :) s:)

Shifty221

brianorme1986

looks fantastic!!! if i can just suggest something though, do something about the hinges cause they draw the eye away from the speakers and the craftmanship. good work though!! would love to do something like this, but i need all the room i can get in the bins lol

StuC

Sorry had to do it. Just makes it a little easier for everyone!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Is the sub a free-air jobby?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Flipside

Looks good. i went for something like this

2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Anonymous

Thanks guys, yeah it's a free air Job  s:) :) s:)  the reason for the hinges is so that I can access the wiring easier at the start as I am still sorting the setting on my amp and need to upgrade the power cable from 8 gauge to 2 gauge and didn't want to have to keep removing everything ... My next step will be to carpet the hinges or maybe even think of another way to seal the spae a little better...

Flipside: I like what you have achieved with your bin build keeping some space I would also say that due to the actual sub box you will have a better sound quality but for me I just wanted it flush.

Next job is to find some lowering springs or coilovers, does anybody know as my car is a MR-S wether they come slightly lower and if so will the 30mm lowering springs have any effect

Cheers guys,
Also thanks for posting the photos couldn't work out how to do it  s:) :) s:)  

Shifty221

trevsmr2

Looks good mate  ,i thought about joining together the standard doors on the inside ,so it still sits flush , still has the hinges to drop down if needed ,and still has the catches to shut ,and still looks standard ,
I wonder if that will work ,might have to try it with my old doors   s:?: :?: s:?:

StuC

Quote from: "shifty221"Thanks guys, yeah it's a free air Job  s:) :) s:)  the reason for the hinges is so that I can access the wiring easier at the start as I am still sorting the setting on my amp and need to upgrade the power cable from 8 gauge to 2 gauge and didn't want to have to keep removing everything ... My next step will be to carpet the hinges or maybe even think of another way to seal the spae a little better...

Flipside: I like what you have achieved with your bin build keeping some space I would also say that due to the actual sub box you will have a better sound quality but for me I just wanted it flush.

Next job is to find some lowering springs or coilovers, does anybody know as my car is a MR-S wether they come slightly lower and if so will the 30mm lowering springs have any effect

Cheers guys,
Also thanks for posting the photos couldn't work out how to do it  s:) :) s:)  

Shifty221

Interesting to see how it sounds, being a free air and a not very well sealed space behind. It is right next to your body though, so it probably doesn't matter too much.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Shifty's Jobs
Sort out the soft top ears
Buy lower spirngs/coilovers

You had the right idea with the links you just needed to have the img prefix and suffix to get them to display. When in photobucket, pick the IMG option.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Anonymous

Just wait - i got a custom build on its way!!

Tags: