Corkys Brace

Started by fettle15, September 3, 2013, 16:44

fettle15

Hi All, I have the chance to purchase one of the these braces to fit on my '2' (2001), the seller advises that it will improve the handling ie chassis twist? and that its a bolt on job my '2' as the bracing was not as good as the facelift models? Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks PS its the one that goes in the middle
2001 Silver, Red Leather Interior, Che Twin Centre Exit Exhaust, Corky\'s centre brace, Utra Front Underbrace, TTE anti roll bars, MTEC brakes, upgraded ICE,

nathanMR2

These types of braces will benfit both pre facelift and facelift cars. Especially when running without the hardtop on.

Having said this i changed from a Corkys to one of these  l viewtopic.php?f=36&t=29025 l  and noticed even more improvement. The price of them has come down a lot but a great mod for the price. I guess it all depends on what you have been offered the Corkys for. If its not much difference to the TTE Style brace then id go for the one in the link
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

fettle15

Mines never had a hard top fitted so I suppose I wouldn't know what the difference was, the brace is being offered at £50, how much do the TTE styles go for normally?
2001 Silver, Red Leather Interior, Che Twin Centre Exit Exhaust, Corky\'s centre brace, Utra Front Underbrace, TTE anti roll bars, MTEC brakes, upgraded ICE,

nathanMR2

If you take a look at the link I provided you will see the prices have recently been reduced to an amazing price of £120 delivered, £110 collected or £130 fitted
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Tags: