My LSC leather's

Started by Andys-N20, October 2, 2013, 16:42

Andys-N20

I acquired some leathers for my 2 and with a little research they seem to be LSC leathers in cream and black.

The cream is an awesome effect. However it is also my seats downfall as they are showing signs of wear on the cream part to the extent that the driver seat looks a different shade to the passenger seat (not really visible in the picture). I used some autoglym leather cleaner on them that helped a little.
I understand they LSC don't make leathers anymore.
Does anyone know if these are leather as I understand that LSC had an 'eco' range?
Also what would my options be to improve them? Can dye help? If so what colour/shade?

204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

Barney Bear

From the logo on the back rest would suggest these are toyota upgrades LSC sold trade in sets after a re trim
I ve had soft cream and black by them  for years now and to be honest they are still as good as the day they fitted them   s:D :D s:D  
URL=http://s564.photobucket.com/user/midship54/media/016.jpg.html][/URL]
Best check with Toyota but from a brochure I have it's listed as 1610 silver grey with Black   s:D :D s:D

Also from memory Harry only did a stitched logo to the back rest not an embossed one hope that helps a little   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

onion86

Quote from: "Barney Bear"From the logo on the back rest would suggest these are toyota upgrades
+1

How often do you clean /refresh them with leather cleaner Andy, I did that to my old ones every couple of months and kept them looking pretty good?
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Andys-N20

The picture blurred so it may look embossed but the logo is stitched. Looking through the old adverts it seems that there was a selection of logo's and they even could do custom 'one off's' hence yours being the midship logo and mine being Toyota one.
This stitching is the reason why I suspect it's a LSC set.
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.

Andys-N20

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "Barney Bear"From the logo on the back rest would suggest these are toyota upgrades
+1

How often do you clean /refresh them with leather cleaner Andy, I did that to my old ones every couple of months and kept them looking pretty good?

These only went in my car today as I had some old ratty red cloth seats with stains and rips (I recently changed MR2's and am now on my 4th)
I understand the importance of maintaining the leather.

This was the old set as taken by the garage who sold her to me.

Luckily I rescued this little two and now if I was to drive past the previous owner they honestly wouldent know it was there car, maybe when finished I could put up afew before and after pics..... I digress
So what are your thaughts on the leathers?

Barney Bear

s:x :x s:x  okay stand corrected on the logo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   someone did a post of a colour cream dye/ feed for leather

Andys-N20

Quote from: "Barney Bear":x okay stand corrected on the logo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   someone did a post of a colour cream dye/ feed for leather

Its my fault for being useless at taking pictures   s:D :D s:D  
I will try finding something on them. I looked through loads of LSC topics already before appealing for help. It seems they had a 'LSC Interiors' section back in the day which is interesting to look through to see all the awesome options.
 l viewforum.php?f=73 l

Jiff Lemon

Quote from: "Barney Bear":x okay stand corrected on the logo  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   someone did a post of a colour cream dye/ feed for leather

That'd be me!  w Www.liquidleather.com w

Start with the standard cleaner and conditioner to see if they help bring them back. The scuff kit dye's could help, but you want to make sure your dyeing clean leather, not filthy stuff!

Andys-N20

Quote from: "Jiff Lemon"That'd be me!  m http://Www.liquidleather.com m

Start with the standard cleaner and conditioner to see if they help bring them back. The scuff kit dye's could help, but you want to make sure your dyeing clean leather, not filthy stuff!

Looking on the link provided, I see they are experts at this, also they just so happen to be 40mins away from me so it would be best I pop over and they can get a shade match etc.
Thanks all for your help   s:D :D s:D

Richard41

Gutted LSC packed up   s:( :( s:(   those black & cream seats look so good.

carlclarke

There is (still) another supplier of seat covers Gabbat & Brown http://www.gabbatandbrown.co.uk/mr2_mk3_gallery.html

Barney Bear

did come across this place on a well known site might do a custom colour option   s:D :D s:D  
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-Ro ... 4aca2dc77f m

Richard41

Looked at other options, unfortunately I just waited too long & they stopped doing seats after I had given their contact details to a few other people   s:? :? s:?  

Keep hoping some might appear in private sales.

Andys-N20

Went over to Glipton (Liquid leather) and the man had a look at the seats. He said someone, generously proportioned, must have owned the seats and they wore the driver seat, then they tried to die it but got the shade wrong and that's why it has a random patch (pictured above).
He suggested one of their dye kits but needs a sample of leather in order to custom make a kit the correct shade (I hoped they could just scan it or something) or I can get a colour brochure and pick one that's close.

Tags: