Possible driveshaft ?

Started by amz91, December 6, 2013, 00:25

amz91

Issue at the front end of my car, tonight driving round a roundabout felt like my front was sliding.
Reversing to the right I'm getting a knocking from the front left wheel.... Any ideas?  s:-( :-( s:-(
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

StuC

Road conditions tonight round your way?
Is this the first time it has done it?

Tyres grip and pressures ok?
Any kerb strikes or bad potholes recently? Thinking alignment possibly.

Worth covering the basics before looking at bigger stuff.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

amz91

Quote from: "StuC"Road conditions tonight round your way?
Is this the first time it has done it?

Tyres grip and pressures ok?
Any kerb strikes or bad potholes recently? Thinking alignment possibly.

Worth covering the basics before looking at bigger stuff.

Roads are wet but it's happened before whilst dry tyre/pressures ok, had matt do my alignment abit ago so that should be ok ...
Don't want it be anything big this side of Xmas lol!
It's the knock that's bothering me abit  s:-( :-( s:-(
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

trevsmr2

I would be tempted to say top mounts
there's a few posts on here though where people have a knocking when reversing and turning

nathanMR2

Have you had the car lowered or the springs replaced recently?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

amz91

Few months back I had the vogtland spring yeah and then the 4 wheel geo done ect ...

amz91

Almost feels like aquaplaning and the knocking whilst reversing right but I can feel the knock aswell as hear it :-/

nathanMR2

Do you know if the center top nuts were replaced as if they weren't they have tendency to undo themselves. Would be worth checking either way

amz91

Wouldn't know tbh nath would have to ask matt, thank you  :-) :-) :-)  hopefully it's nothing major just a little nervy when driving it at the minute

nathanMR2

Id avoid driving it until they are checked

amz91

Pm'd you nath

amz91

Checked the nuts none are loose :-/

Tags: