Toyo sizes for 17"

Started by StuC, January 11, 2014, 20:34

StuC

Does anyone know is Toyo do a 195/40/17 in the T1R?

I have looked on their wbsite and not found it (they only show a Proxes 4 in the 195). Likewise I have looked on a few tyre sites and not found it. The closest I can get is a 205/40/17. That is what I currently have on the front (from previous owner). I am looking to drop down closer the stock rolling radius.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

s12vea

Not many companies do 195 - 17" tyres Continental do I think, 205/40/17 is fine on the front stu and due to being a popular size they are fairly cheap.
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

StuC

Cheers Steve.  :-) :-) :-)

I have some abnormal wear on the inside edge of my current tyres.
The geo was set up was done when I had my rear subframe replaced, so I am confident of that being right.

It was suggested by our resident guru that getting closer to the stock size might help the issue and/or lowering the car and/or adding a front strut brace.

As the tyres need changing anyways it makes sense to start there.

Does anyone have any experience of the Proxes 4? It is supposed to be an UHP tyre like the T1R.

Anonymous

my mate had those tyres and they were excellent on the grip. Worth a look.

StuC

Fronts, rears or both Rich?

s12vea

Brad82 had them on his car in 17" maybe message him
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

Barney Bear

I had the Continentals  on my car twice and would have to say brilliant no sliding or any other issue
Only reason I went for same size set but with rain sport this time was mileage advise
The Contis cracked due  to age but had tons of tread with me only doing 4000 in 2 years
Rain sports wear quicker but given my mileage was advised age will always be my issue

So far  again would have to give the rainsports a 10 as no issue s even with all this bad weather   s:D :D s:D
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

StuC

After some encouraging words from Brad, I have managed to source some 195/40/17 Proxes 4. Apparently there are only 4 in the whole country.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

They are coming in at £90 each, should be here on Wednesday.

Tags: