Wrong lowering springs

Started by kilowhiskey, February 25, 2014, 08:14

kilowhiskey

Spent the weekend fitting a set of Spax lowering springs to my 06 TF300 & it is now 40mm higher !

Spax tech support say the springs are for MR2 Roadster 00 onwards , ( sounds right )but dont match my chassis number.

Does anyone know if the suspension is different on the TF ? or am I missing something?

Cheers Keith

s12vea

Unless your TF already had lowered springs fitted before? The spax springs will need to bed in over the next few hundred miles then they will sit lower
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

kilowhiskey

Several people have said to 'let them settle' not sure they will go down 70mm.
Spax say they are correct ones for the MR2 Roadster, but dont match my chassis number ?

TTE next I think ! See what they say

Thanks Keith

nathanMR2

The car will sit heigh after uncompressing the suspension. As you say though I can't imagine it dropping that much  s:? :? s:?
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

s12vea

Post some pictures up so we can see a before and after?
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

wotugonado

The lowering springs are different sizes front and rear have the springs gone on in the right order ? Are the suspension struts the original toyota spec ? Must look like a tractor with arch gaps that big  s:? :? s:?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

kilowhiskey

how do you post a picture?

nathanMR2

MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

kilowhiskey

Thank you!

kilowhiskey

kilowhiskey

So spent 3 days trying to post pictures ...no luck, have to wait for a 12 year old to come & show me how ! Needless to say she looks like a tractor, actually quite appealing in a cross country sort of of way but not what I was after.

Thanks for all the advice, the bottom line is that Spax lowering kit SPX038046 does not fit either my 06 TF300 or my '03 'Facelift' Roadsters.

Difficult to believe that Im the 1st person to buy them as they are advertised by Spax to fit 'MR2 Sport '00 - ' and by Demon Tweeks & others to fit ' MR2 Roadster 00 - 06 ' .

Now ordered a kit from Toyota & ready to try to get compensation from the shop where I bought the Spax.

'To be continued '

Cheers Keith

Tags: