Does my engine / exhaust sound ok?

Started by amz91, April 1, 2014, 14:42

amz91

For abit now iv had a slight rattle whilst driving (which you can't hear on the videos).
Seems to be when I accelerate more so, could this be the markii pipe or more like the exhaust ?

Iv done these videos to see if the engine and exhaust sound ok when I was listening to the exhaust it sounded abit bubbly :-/
But like I say to hear the rattle  is have to be driving which il try and get one later on.

m http://youtu.be/T1CJoSOe3TY m

m http://youtu.be/RhIOYYXFor4 m

m http://youtu.be/vCiSspTHTFA m
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

AndyM

Sounds ok to me.

Could be the heat shields rattling. The fastenings are prone to rusting and getting a bit loose. The rattle from this will normal manifest itself as a specific rev range, often on acceleration when the vibrations are higher.

You won't get a rattle from the Markiii pipe.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I had the heat shield noise on acceleration issue on mine. In my case it was the y-pipe shields on the cat, this was my fix...

I've since found another noise which I think is the main cat shield as one of the bolts has rusted straight through and dropped out.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

amz91

Cheers andy il have a good look if I get chance at the weekend, when I first had the Markii pipe it made a noise like vibration not a rattle but I sorted that with ties  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

amz91

What size clips have you used there andy?

AndyM

Ooooh now that's a question... I think it was a 90mm and 70mm. Might be mistaken though so let me check back in my eBay history and see if I can find out for sure.

AndyM

I was right!  s:) :) s:)  couldn't track back that far on eBay but found this...

l viewtopic.php?f=85&t=46232&hilit=+Jubilee#p530776 l

Tags: