Wheel nuts

Started by D.B.C., April 5, 2014, 12:40

D.B.C.

For now I have the original silver wheel nuts, but though I'm getting some new black wheels I also want to put Black wheel nuts on it.

Are these any good? I know there are 20, possible for the MKII, but can I use them on my roadster?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Tuner-Wheel-Nuts-x-20-12x1-5-Toyota-Corolla-Starlet-Celica-Mr2-Supra-Rav4-/131010329688?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item1e80d2fc58

I'm open for any suggestions, but I don't want conventional wheel nuts.
Blue MR2

tomaky

m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310417493749? ... 1497.l2649 m
ive gone for these on my blue car however they do most colours  s:) :) s:)  only fall back which isnt too bad is the 2-3week delviery.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

D.B.C.

I just want black ones, I'm only asking about the size
Blue MR2

Richard41

Could use plastic wheel caps instead, a lOT cheaper  s;) ;) s;)  and look good, pic in my profile.

21mm fit standard wheel nuts.

m http://www.performancealloys.com/Wheel-Nut-Covers.aspx m

D.B.C.

No don't want that
Blue MR2

Anonymous

Both the black and blue wheel nuts in the links will not work with standard wheels. The links are for nuts for use on aftermarket wheels. Stock nuts have a flat face, best way to see is to remove a stock nut and you will see.

D.B.C.

The wheels that are on it right now are from lenzo r, and the other wheels are enzo wheels. The nuts that are on it right now
Blue MR2

ayresyboy

Have a look at superforma website
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

D.B.C.

Oke, but still an answer to my question please. Does the one in my first reply fit or not?
The ad says it fits an mr2 but not which version.
Blue MR2

ayresyboy

Yes they should work
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

Jono_GT

Any body know where I can get Red ones that will fit standard wheels? i.e. non-tuner?
[centre][size=70]2001 Silver w/Hardtop | MattPerformance engine refresh | AEM Mass Air Intake | MP Bracing | FL Side Vents | TTE Exhaust | J-Spec nose badge | Devs keyhole covers | Mongos defelectors | More to come![/size][/centre]

tomaky

I have fit mine, they do stick out abit at the front, i like the colour contrast but the fronts stick out a fair bit.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

tomaky

Im going to put my standards back on today got some new dremmel bits with some polishing attachments going to keep on top of them.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

Joesson

The wheel nuts are to suit a cone shaped recess where there will be a face to face contact area.
The MR2 mk3 OE wheels have a flat face and the wheel nuts have a similar flat mating face.
With conical or flat mating faces there is maximum possible area of contact to allow tightening and consequent friction grip.
With a cone nut onto a flat wheel there will be only a line contact and there will be insufficient contact area to produce the correct friction grip.
Yes, they probably will stay on for a while but if you are concerned about appearance consider the appearance of your wheel arch when the nuts come loose and the wheel starts moving sideways.

Tags: