instrument lights out

Started by viertel55, April 29, 2014, 22:35

viertel55

s:?: :?: s:?:  Just bought a year 2000 MR2. The engine management light and charger light do not light up at any time. Suspect previous owner has disconnected them somehow. I cannot find any fuses missing or blown. I have pulled out the instrument gauges, nothing disconnected there and no cut wires under the dash. Anyone have any idea how they have been put out please?

dj2k21

Have they simply removed the bulb from the cluster?
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

spit

Those two lights are main board leds and easy to get to by removing the board from the back of the cluster. Its only a 10 minute job so worth checking them out.

In the past we've seen EMLs taped over by dodgy dealers and even smashed out.

Source thread here
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

viertel55

had instrument cluster apart again all LED lights are in place and good, so is circuit board. Seems this is a genuine fault. Is there a fuse anywhere which just powers the engine light and the charge light? Would a plug in tester find this fault? Any ideas folks!?

viertel55

whilst at Matt's for exchange engine he fitted another complete instrument cluster to test system, all worked O.K. with that one. What is worse to my instruments don't light brake warning light either.  Now looking for a good S/H unit with about 87,000 on the "clock". Can anyone help please?

Tags: