Thoughts on body kit??? then mines for sale

Started by Anonymous, August 21, 2004, 20:33

Anonymous

hi people i am new to this and have only just bought a 2, it came with a bodykit and a reciept for £2000 !!!! including painting this will be for sale when i get my new one fitted, i want to get the apr wide rch kit when it debuts next month what do people think of this? its the same as whats fitted to the one on gt3

Anonymous

Hi,
Any pics of kit,
pm'd you.

Where you based in Chester  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

dont know what type it is its a full kit though front and rear bumper extensions and side skirts and rear spoiler all in bright red

Anonymous

just thought i would let people know been looking at spyderchat and i think the bodykit on mine is i ms design one if anyone wants it? what do people reckon of the monocraft one

markiii

do you have the MSD spoiler?

is it this one?  m http://www.ms-design.com/carx1ms1_2.icc ... 34&start=0 m
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Welcome along newboy  s:D :D s:D  

The Monocraft kit IMO is the best kit(wide body) available, it's quite expensive though.

APR's kit is looking very intersesting, i've been checking their updates out with interest but until it's painted i wouldn't make my mind up over it or the monocraft.It seems to have some strange angles on it and those side vents need to be bigger,but it is only a prototype so i'll wait to see the final product before i'd decide. Oh and it's being made for 16"-17" wheels so plan around that size not 18"'s which i believe your thinking of going.

There is another member MadMigMr2 who has a monocraft kit and has mentioned he is doing a replica with some improvements for sale but i haven't heard anything about that in ages.

Anonymous

yeah that is the kit i have and yes i do have the spoiler all coming off though for the wide arch

Anonymous

F.A.O MR-S TURBO

thanks for your comments, i saw the apr car in a max power magazine not long ago and it was wearing 18's ? i want either the monocraft one £2300 i think from japan parts or the apr / brs kit £? there is a photo of the monocaft one on  spyderchat and it looks very good quality and looks reasonably straight forward to fit ? i.e bolts on can anyone shed light on this? i am also after a turbo conversion, hypersports in warrington are going to fit a front mounted cooler and hard pipe it back to whatever turbo i go for supposedly Greddy do one which comes whith e-management and cooler for £2300 this is what micheal from impossible performance said ( group buy any1 )

aaronjb

Quote from: "mr-s newboy"max power magazine

Noo, dirty words, dirty words!  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:) :) s:)

Quotereasonably straight forward to fit ? i.e bolts on

IIRC that's exactly how it fits - it's a panel replacement kit, rather than glue-on fibreglass bits. If you search for MadMigMR2's posts on here, I remember him posting quite a few pictures of one of his kits while it was all in pieces being sprayed & baked, that should give some good hints as to fitting.

Quotehypersports in warrington are going to fit a front mounted cooler and hard pipe it back to whatever turbo i go for

It's your call, but that's definitely not the way I'd go.. An IC that far from the engine & turbo will introduce a *huge* amount of lag, and quite likely confuse the hell out of the engine management because the MAF will be reading airflow well out of sync with whats actually going into the engine. At best it'd run rich on overrun, at worst it could run very lean on the transition from cruise to full throttle.

A much better idea would be (IMHO) a chargecooler system like the PE uses - big thread on this over in the performance section at the moment - as that will introduce zero lag and works much better in a rear engined configuration. The pre-rad for it will be up front, though, so still gets excellent cooling, but the air-path is unrivalled IMHO, which will mean much less lag and probably more power due to far less of a pressure drop across the core.

That or water injection as a cheap alternative (but still perfectly functional up to middling boost, as people here have demonstrated).

Anything but a front mounted IC on our car, personally..

I have seen a car with a 'rear' mounted IC, though - sitting behind the back bumper, but I think that's a hideous position for the IC (right in all that searing hot air, it's probably an air warmer!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Quotesupposedly Greddy do one which comes whith e-management and cooler

Again, have a good read of the turbo thread in the Performance section at the moment, it's serving as a really good round-up of all the turbo kits available at the moment I think, and there are several very knowledgeable people on here that have contributed to the excellent technical info there (including myself, of course..  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

HTH,
Aaron

[edit] In a vain efford to keep this thread on-topic for the forum it's in, I went off and found MadMigMr2's pictures for you:

Lots of fitted and during-painting pictures here
Tons of pics of the finished silver car here, very nice it is too

Aaron
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

As said yes it just replaces your panels...Easy.

Sorry i made a mistake it's BRS that, if i remember right, designed and built the APR kit. I thought you had been looking at this kit
 m http://www.brs-autodesign.com/projects/MR-Swidebody.htm m

which is the kit i was referring to that is being made for 16-17" wheels.

Turbo wise greddy don't even make one for the '2 so i'd walk away if they say they do. Anyway wrong forum to discuss this, any questions on turbo go to performance.

Anonymous

just seen the pics and no offense to anyone i have changed my mind dont like the side skirts or the shape of the wings from the side much to square, i think brs or apr? anyone seen or have pics of a finished apr kit, want the gt300 look but much to square brs and apr is much more rounded and in my opinion "nicer" my kit is also up for sale once i have ordered one or the other brs / apr. Do people know if these are bolt on also or have to be moulded?

Anonymous

how much is my ms designs kit worth when i come to take it off

markiii

10p?

I'll buy it off you.

Seriosuly I doubt anyone has ever sold one on here to comment. Look at the new price, work out what you want, and teh response will tell you if it's worth it or not.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

seriosly people   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   i am dead serious about the mods i plan and want to get rid of whats on it to part fund the new kit what could i expect to get back on it

Tem

Quote from: "mr-s newboy"seriosly people   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   i am dead serious about the mods i plan and want to get rid of whats on it to part fund the new kit what could i expect to get back on it

Depends how bad someone wants it...but for comparison, some used kits have been sold at SC for about half of what they are new...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

you want the spoiler right cant tempt you with anything else   s8) 8) s8)

Jap GT300

Quote from: "mr-s newboy"how much is my ms designs kit worth when i come to take it off

I would have thought between £100 - £150 per panel.  I tried selling the MS front lip at this price but nobody was interested.

Which Monocraft kit have you been looking at?  They make 2 and it sounds like you've seen the square Bandoh version and not the original that I have of which they only made 100.
More were made after this of the rounded kit but they had subtle changes.  Madmig on SC has the latter of the first kit.

Remember Monocraft is the officailly commissioned version that replicate the JGTC cars and the kit is called the GT300 all the others are just wide body kits

Anonymous

sounds like i need to speak to you gt300 you have what i want 2zz and gt300 kit i will pm you my phone number if you could contact me i would be grateful, also i want to know the ins and outs of the original gt300 car i.e wheel sizes engine spec all of it and thanks!!!!

Anonymous

These are the up to date prices for unpainted items including VAT:-

Front bumper            £223-00
  Rear bumper            £183-00
  Side skirts (pair)       £338-00
  This= a total of £744-00 inc delivery and VAT.
To sell at £800-00 as someone recomended it would have to be in the exact colour to avoid painting costs, even then its a close call when you compare new for old.

Anonymous

and spoiler? wrong forum and dont want to get it barred, if someone out there has a red mr-2 and wants a nice kit already painted then contact me

Anonymous

Rear spoiler £195-11 including VAT.

Anonymous

thanks dave for the price info kit is for sale if people are interested

Anonymous

theres a few wide bodied 'twos' coming into the UK already done (turbo'd as well)

m http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=F ... highlight= m

heathstimpson

I do like that Copper Turbo  s8) 8) s8)  Very nice indeed  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Jap GT300

Who's bringing those in perry?  I'll be very upset not to be the only GT300 anymore   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Tags: