New wheels fitted today. :-)

Started by Angel, June 30, 2014, 22:22

Mr X

Quote from: "Angel"ooh I will keep my eyes open and peeled for you. What colour is yours? x

can't miss me to be honest  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  oh, and you will hear it before you see it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Angel

StuC, It is a pain but I will get some from somewhere, I am thinking black would not look too bad against the wheels? saves trying to match the colours up??  x

MrX, WOW!!! Looking rather hot there! car looks gorgeous. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled for you!. x

Jrichards20

Quote from: "Mr X"
Quote from: "Angel"ooh I will keep my eyes open and peeled for you. What colour is yours? x

can't miss me to be honest  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  oh, and you will hear it before you see it!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Gary lineker would be proud of those ears.
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

StuC

Quote from: "Angel"StuC, It is a pain but I will get some from somewhere, I am thinking black would not look too bad against the wheels? saves trying to match the colours up??  x

Good idea, perhaps even red as an accent.  s8) 8) s8)

I could try and mock it up on a photoshop if you'd like?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Mr X

Quote from: "Angel"StuC, It is a pain but I will get some from somewhere, I am thinking black would not look too bad against the wheels? saves trying to match the colours up??  x

MrX, WOW!!! Looking rather hot there! car looks gorgeous. I will keep my eyes and ears peeled for you!. x

Thanks  s:) :) s:)  It's taken quite some time but worth it I feel! Like wise! Would be nice to have someone flash back for a change! haha

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Gary lineker would be proud of those ears.

haha true! Also, like gary lineker, I'm lost all hope in getting them pinned and and have moved on to eating crisps!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Jrichards20

Quote from: "Mr X"haha true! Also, like gary lineker, I'm lost all hope in getting them pinned and and have moved on to eating crisps!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Dont, im stuck at work right now and would do anything for a packet of crisps!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Must say, dont usually like matt black, but think because of the contrasting orange you have done it very well!

And what colour are the seats??? can we have some better views?
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Returner

You can get blank Center caps on eBay.
Fill the Center with a stick on moulded resin emblem which can be done in most colours.
I had a set done in blue with silver screaming chicken emblem and very happy with them.
Had them on far ages with no problems.

Mr X

Quote from: "Jrichards20"
Quote from: "Mr X"haha true! Also, like gary lineker, I'm lost all hope in getting them pinned and and have moved on to eating crisps!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Dont, I'm stuck at work right now and would do anything for a packet of crisps!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Must say, dont usually like matt black, but think because of the contrasting orange you have done it very well!

And what colour are the seats??? can we have some better views?

haha on the internet at work? tut tut! then again, I'm at work now.... eating breakfast! (walkers crisps)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Thanks! The orange is from the Focus ST. I was going to do the spoiler in it but I think it would be too much orange then.... less is more   s8) 8) s8)  

They're black but the colour changes depending on how bright it is. Don't ask me what the fabric is, I brought it off ebay and stitched it all up myself! It kind-of feels like faux suede.

Richard41

Not really a fan of Matt black either, unless it's on a Lambo , but that does look good, agree about the spoiler.

Angel

Quote from: Richard41Not sure on that one, previous owner might know.

Not easy to measure but caps are 58mm wide (where they sit against the wheel)

Held in place by sprung clips, approx 46mm apart.

Hi Richard, Thank you very much for the offer but I have those caps already on the stock wheels that just came off the car.

I have called Wolfrace today to ask about the Ikon centre caps and they don't have them anymore as they are an old wheel design now. I will keep looking for some. x

Angel

Quote from: "StuC"

Good idea, perhaps even red as an accent.  s8) 8) s8)

I could try and mock it up on a photoshop if you'd like?

Oooh yes please Stu, that would be fab if you could. Trying to locate them but it is proving really hard, but I will keep looking. x

Angel

Quote from: "Returner"You can get blank Center caps on eBay.
Fill the Center with a stick on moulded resin emblem which can be done in most colours.
I had a set done in blue with silver screaming chicken emblem and very happy with them.
Had them on far ages with no problems.

Thanks hun, I might have to do that if I cannot locate the originals from anywhere. x

StuC

Quote from: "Angel"[
I have called Wolfrace today to ask about the Ikon centre caps and they don't have them anymore as they are an old wheel design now. I will keep looking for some. x

Did they advise you that some simpler might also fill the hole?

I'll try and sort out a photoshop tonight.

StuC

So then back on topic!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Couple of quick 'shops to give a flavour of possibilities...

Sable Centres

Black Centres

Red Centres  s8) 8) s8)

Tags: