New wheels fitted today. :-)

Started by Angel, June 30, 2014, 22:22

Angel

Had my new wheels fitted today that I bought from StuC on Friday. I must say I LOVE THEM!!

Angel

Still got issues with my 'ears' though.  s:-( :-( s:-(

s12vea

Nice!
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

StuC

There is a lot to there!!  :-) :-) :-)

Which tyres did you chose in the end.  :-) :-) :-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Angel

I ended up going with the Falkens as when I got into work this morning he had already had them put on the wheels the little monkey! But is really love the wheels, they look amazing on the car and she still drives like a dream. My new red mats were delivered today so put them in. The renovo should be here soon too so we can deep clean the hood.  Hubby has said we need to get a twin exhaust on her too so that's in the pipeline. Hoping to de badge in the next few days and full service this week.

We have decided to call her Red, as she is special and as she has 'red' on the side of her.

Xx

Wabbitkilla

Wheels suit the car well   s8) 8) s8)  
What sizes are the wheels and tyres?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Joesson

I have Falkens, my drive to Ding Day in the wet and through some standing water was no problem for them. Similarly in the dry I' m pleased with them. Hope you will be to.

Angel

The wheels are 17's. And have got 195/40/17 on the front and 215/40/17 on the back. X

Anonymous

Fallen make some really good tyres,  good choice.

The wheels are a good match for the car, but don't you have centre caps? Would finish off the look

Angel

I don't have the centre caps but I am trying to source them at the moment, I think it would finish them better too. X

Mr X

nice looking little car! I got bored with trying to get the ears fold in properly and gave up years ago!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angel"I don't have the centre caps but I am trying to source them at the moment, I think it would finish them better too. X

Good stuff  s:) :) s:)

Richard41

Quote from: "Angel"I don't have the centre caps but I am trying to source them at the moment, I think it would finish them better too. X

That colour really suits sable.

I've got some original caps in a box somewhere, a few small marks but otherwise good condition. PM me your address if interested and will put them in the post, don't want anything for them but maybe small donation to club funds if that's ok?

Black JDM caps would look good with those wheels...    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Angel

Quote from: "Mr X"nice looking little car! I got bored with trying to get the ears fold in properly and gave up years ago!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Lol, I have got the strap there and fitted it but I think because it has not had it on for so many years the hood did not want to fold properly when I put it on and kept getting stuck so I took the strap off again.

Where abouts in Northamptonshire are you? x

Angel

Quote from: "Richard41"

That colour really suits sable.

I've got some original caps in a box somewhere, a few small marks but otherwise good condition. PM me your address if interested and will put them in the post, don't want anything for them but maybe small donation to club funds if that's ok?

Black JDM caps would look good with those wheels...    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I love the colour of them so much and they really match the car beautifully.
Would the caps fit the Wolfrace Ikon wheels? If so I would love to have them and would def make a donation to the club funds.
xx

Richard41

Not sure on that one, previous owner might know.

Not easy to measure but caps are 58mm wide (where they sit against the wheel)

Held in place by sprung clips, approx 46mm apart.

Mr X

Quote from: "Angel"
Quote from: "Mr X"nice looking little car! I got bored with trying to get the ears fold in properly and gave up years ago!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Lol, I have got the strap there and fitted it but I think because it has not had it on for so many years the hood did not want to fold properly when I put it on and kept getting stuck so I took the strap off again.

haha yeah, I got it fitted properly as it's a little fiddly and you need to get it round the tube! But after a while it keeps coming back off! I said a 4 letter word and gave up!

I live in Raunds, how about you?
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Ian3360

I have Wolfrace Ikons on my Kia MPV.... Had real problems sourcing some new caps. In the end I got them direct from Wolfrace but they weren't cheap...£90 for 4!!!  Hope you find some! Did you get any with the wheels?   s:D :D s:D
S10 TRD "Slow Turd" - Sable 2006 roadster. Red leather, Widermuller bling, Frenzy Stylebar, Piranha brake discs, HEL brakelines, Simon Tan style headlamp covers, TTE Exhaust, Ducktail Spoiler, Matts Brace, Cusco strut braces, ZunSport grilles, Dev\'s Keyhole covers, Kriss\'s Kick panels, AppRadio 3 stereo, Nathans bushes, Crystal Black indicators, TRD Sportivo shocks and springs, full polybush replacement with Whiteline ARBs, [strike]Rota GT3 wheels with Yokohama S Drive tyres[/strike], Full Bodykit, [strike]AEM induction kit[/strike], C-One scoops.

[centre]CHECK OUT THE UK MR2 ROADSTER OWNERS GROUP ON FACEBOOK[/centre]

Angel

Quote from: "Richard41"Not sure on that one, previous owner might know.

Not easy to measure but caps are 58mm wide (where they sit against the wheel)

Held in place by sprung clips, approx 46mm apart.

Thanks for that, I will have a measure of the wheels and let you know. x

Angel

Quote from: "Mr X"

haha yeah, I got it fitted properly as it's a little fiddly and you need to get it round the tube! But after a while it keeps coming back off! I said a 4 letter word and gave up!

lol, stupid straps!! I am in Corby so not too far from you! I never seem to see any 2's around here so when I saw a silver one go past me the other day I was waving like crazy really excited to be blanked! Gutted.   s:( :( s:(

Angel

Quote from: "Ian3360"I have Wolfrace Ikons on my Kia MPV.... Had real problems sourcing some new caps. In the end I got them direct from Wolfrace but they weren't cheap...£90 for 4!!!  Hope you find some! Did you get any with the wheels?   s:D :D s:D

I have sent an email to Wolfrace to ask about them as I really would like some but £90 for 4 is crazy!! I did not get any with the wheels. I bought the wheels from StuC from here last week and from looking at the pics of when he had the wheels on his car I don't think he had any on then either. xx

Mr X

Quote from: "Mr X"
Quote from: "Angel"Lol, I have got the strap there and fitted it but I think because it has not had it on for so many years the hood did not want to fold properly when I put it on and kept getting stuck so I took the strap off again.

lol, stupid straps!! I am in Corby so not too far from you! I never seem to see any 2's around here so when I saw a silver one go past me the other day I was waving like crazy really excited to be blanked! Gutted.   s:( :( s:(

I'm in corby often so you're obviously looking in the wrong place!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I always give a little flash when I see one but always get a blank look off people! People in Mk2's always flashed back   s:| :| s:|   If you every have any problems with it, give me a shout... I have a code reader etc

Angel

ooh I will keep my eyes open and peeled for you. What colour is yours? x

StuC

I didn't have any centre caps when I got them on the car, otherwise you'd have them already.  :-) :-) :-)

It was a PITA trying to source some, the added issue of them getting them painted to match the wheels too. I'd be willing to bet that another centre cap from wolfrace would fit, would just look a bit odd, as it wouldn't match the spokes.

You could argue that not having them is a lightweight solution!  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Anonymous

£90 for 4 isn't THAT BAD?  £22 each, isn't horrendous

Tags: