Wheel wobble

Started by Msp, July 2, 2014, 17:43

Msp

I had a lovely drive to a meeting in Truro today which is about 140m round trip for me.

The car was great with one exception!

I was getting wheel wobble feeding back through the steering wheel at about 60-70 mph. This eased off at 80 ish ( not that I went that fast!!!!

Is it

Wheels out of balance

Warped discs

Wheels need aligning

What's the opinions/ thoughts?
2 less :(

wotugonado

Take your pick any of the above. I think you've answered your own question though.
 Buckled wheel, perhaps.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

mrzwei

The first thing to get checked is the wheel balance, any garage or tyre place would start with that.
The other issues are more likely to occur at all speeds.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

puma2

go for wheel balance 1st, see how you get on with that  s:) :) s:)

Msp

Booked in tomorrow for the front wheels to be balanced and alignment check. Unfortunately, i have picked up a slow puncture in the rear nearside so having that done too.

Msp

Well mixed luck today.

I had the full geo check and wheels balanced. Geo was spot on and no adjustments needed. Wheels balance and all tyres filled with nitrogen. Cost was £38 for everything.

Bad news was a nail in the rear tyre which is in the shoulder so can't be repaired! New matching tyre on its way.

Great service from Bude tyres.

mistajase

I've had the same thing a few months back.... turned out i'd buckled the wheel (was only very very minor - only noticeable at motorway speed 80+ mph) on a pothole.   s:( :( s:(  

I got a new rim off ebay for 40quid   s:D :D s:D  , but unfortunately driving that buckled wheel knackered my wheel bearings which also needed to be replaced soon after  s:( :( s:(

Tags: