polyflex? or standard?

Started by stupink, July 17, 2014, 21:12

stupink

I've noticed my bushes at the rear are a little softer than i'd like (due to age)..

Anyone got any feedback on the benifits of polyurethane v's oem rubber on these cars?  I get the thoery, but some cars like to have a bit of flex, some don't..  I'm thinking due to my power upgrade plus what will be track tyres, and track time.. that i should probably opt for poly, but maybe just a standard 60shure or there abouts rather than going too crazy.. but i've looked out the prices and looks like about £400 for a full set for the car, and while i've not priced it, im guessing oem rubber is probably more 150-200?? anyone priced up a full set from MrT?  im talking front+rear suspension+arb's
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Goeman

You can go for rose jointed adjustable control arms for £410.34 all in. Gives you the adjustment in geometry that the MR2 is missing.
 m http://www.hardrace.co.uk/toyota.html?cat=875 m
Russell

lamcote

You can't get the standard bushes separately, you have to buy the suspension arms as well (they come with the bushes pre fitted), so the cost of using standard bushes is pretty horrendous I'm afraid.
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

lamcote

The £410.34 mentioned above is for the rear suspension only, and excluding the anti roll bar. The full car, including anti roll bars, will be a fair chunk more.
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

Anonymous

It wasn't that much for my full poly bush kit. About £130 i think. Speak to spit who set up the last group buy.

Tags: