Bumper heat shield for Che twin centre exhaust

Started by Dougster7, August 30, 2014, 19:33

Dougster7

Just fitted the twin centre che exhaust from topsport, not the easiest to fit but looks and sounds great now it's on. It sits about 4mm from the bumper and even after a couple of hours round Knockhill it hadn't melted the bumper....but was moderately warm. I'd like to get a heat shield but having trawled the web for a suitable one....I can't find one  s:( :( s:(  

Has anyone fitted / found or know where I can get one from?

Any help much appreciated
2ZZ by Rogue

andyroo104

My che exhaust has been on my car for over 3 years now and has not damaged my bumper or rear lip,so a heat shield is not really needed and I have never seen one.So you may have to fabricate something yourself or get one made.
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Dougster7

That's reassuring Andy, thanks. Can't see anyone else on here that's had any disasters with it so far so may leave it for now and keep an eye on it.
2ZZ by Rogue

dcod

Had a Che on my 2zz for 4 years. Never had a heat problem anywhere.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Tags: