Reversing beeper

Started by Anonymous, September 14, 2004, 10:50

Anonymous

Loving my new MR2 - apart from the beeping when in reverse. Any simple way to disconnect this ?

Cheers in advance.

James.

Anonymous

Yes there is, but if you'd used the search facility (in the top right) and searched for reverse beep it would have directed you here.

I'd recommend familiarising yourself with the search facility as a lot of info is available at the click of a button  s;) ;) s;)

GSB

Theres also the seatbelt beeping reminder on '04 cars...

Disabling this is even easier, and doesnt require you to cut any wires...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... tbelt+beep m
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Darth Paul

I've disabled the seatbelt beep, but left the reversing beep alone. The last thing I want is to inadvertently select the wrong gear and end up in another car/pedestrian.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  First is very close to reverse.

Anonymous

I don't think this has been answered before:  Do we know how to disable the beeping when we open a door with the keys in?  Damned infuriating that one, even worse than the reversing beep IMHO.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Andy S"I don't think this has been answered before:  Do we know how to disable the beeping when we open a door with the keys in?  Damned infuriating that one, even worse than the reversing beep IMHO.

Yeah, take the keys out   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:P :P s:P    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

[grabs coat and legs it for the door]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hanslow"
Quote from: "Andy S"I don't think this has been answered before:  Do we know how to disable the beeping when we open a door with the keys in?  Damned infuriating that one, even worse than the reversing beep IMHO.

Yeah, take the keys out   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    s:P :P s:P    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

[grabs coat and legs it for the door]

I'm after you, you, you ....   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Anonymous

Yeah thanks Hanslow - did a search and found all about other beeps but not that so thats why i asked   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

Anyway cheers for the info.

James.

Anonymous

No probs, didn't mean to come across all dictatorial, just trying to be helpful  s;) ;) s;)

Anonymous

s8) 8) s8)

Tags: