Monkey Wrench Racing Charge Cooler Kit

Started by Anonymous, September 28, 2004, 14:51

Anonymous

Have just finished fitting the MWR charge cooler kit for the Power Enterprise turbo kit, this as you know enables you to run 12 psi with the proper fueling and larger injectors etc

I'm running 10psi standard and 12psi overtake boost via the greddy steering wheel switch, with the charge cooler in place and aquamist set to come on at 7psi (only because I had the aquamist anyway)

Having just returned from a 200 mile+ drive I can now report the following temp figures

(Ambient temps are at the MAF read via the Blitz R-Vit - so engine bay temps rather than outside temps.  Post C/Cooler temps are read just before the plenum)

Thrashing around town in high boost with stops at traffic lights, regular 12psi

Ambient: 84*F     Plenum: 70*F

Cruising at 95mph on motorway (freeway) for long periods

Ambient: 90*F     Plenum:  91*F

Full out boosting fior long periods on the motorway, at times reaching speeds of 135mph+

Ambient:  108*F   Plenum:  97*F

to give you an idea of the efficency of this system, I was previously reading temps of 60-65*C (149*F) whilst just cruising at 90mph on the motorway, as for temps when previously boosting hard, I dont know as I had to turn of the temp gauge as the in-built alarm would go off at 65*C!

The extra cooling along with a few adjustments I've recently made to my gain setting via the profec E-01 now give me 0-60 times of aprox 5 secs, which is one hell of a fast car   s:D :D s:D  

she'll hopefully be going on the rolling road in a few weeks time for a final tune, so I'll know about bhp/torque etc then. But in the mean time I am one very happy 'two' owner   s:D :D s:D

Jap GT300

Well done mate!  So is this "project complete" then   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Mmmm now theres a thought Adam  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

have the JDM chrome windscreen surround in the garage and chrome postert vents on the way. also the engine lid has yet to be painted and fitted of course.

so still going for the moment   s;-) ;-) s;-)

Anonymous

So, out of interest, how much has it cost you for the turbo kit and the charge cooler inclusive of VAT and fitting?

I'm just curious about an all in price  s:) :) s:)

You must be very happy with your setup now   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

god knows!  I stopped keeping tack after the turbo   s:? :? s:?

Anonymous

s:( :( s:(   Must find time to fit mine.Looks good though Perry, better than it does sat here in a box   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

heathstimpson

Very impressive Perry indeed.  s8) 8) s8)
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Alright chaps, just fitted a MWR chargecooler kit(along with PE turbo) to a customers MRS last week, definately feel the difference in power over my car which has no cooler. Worth every penny.

Anonymous

What kind of Bhp are you getting at 12psi?

Anyone dyno'd their PE turbo

Anonymous

havnt dyno's mine yet, I will do but to be honest power figures arnt what I'm into.  she is damn fast and thats what I wanted, i'll leave the power figures to the skylines and supra boys

Anonymous

I'd like to get mine on the dyno before its sold to see what its doing. Also like to get the car I did last week with the chargecooler on there to see what the differences are, it would be interesting me thinks. See what I can do.

Anonymous

yep........... a supra boy ya see   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   (only joking Paul   s:D :D s:D   )

Anonymous

I'd like to see my Supra engine in the back of an MRS, that would be a laugh!

Tags: