Wheel Nuts?

Started by uktotty, December 11, 2014, 12:32

uktotty

So what wheel nuts/bolts do I need to fit after market wheels then?
I know the Toyota ones won't fit

StuC

You need tapered ones.

EDIT: Something like this...
You can also get regular nuts with a taper on too.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

andyroo104

Any 12 1.5mm tapered tuner nuts although the style linked below may fit dependent on the style of alloy, I have always used the keyed tuner nuts due to the key fits inside the nut and prevents damage to the alloys when removing.
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Project-MU-PM ... 4ae1988037 m
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

uktotty

Thanks guys, I knew you clever buggers would know  s:) :) s:)

StuC

Did/do you not have some for your Lenso's on the blue one?

StuC

Just thinking on this Russ, I might have a spare set of nuts in the garage. If you want me to check?

StuC

I have 16 of these Russ.

uktotty

Stu that's really kind mate, I actually bought a set on ebay yesterday and I am awaiting delivery.
I do have some on the Lensos but as the original wheels were stolen, (along with my hardtop stand which I am "profiteering from" and door cards, seats etc, crash bars, stereo, etc )I have no wheels to put back on the blue one to get those nuts back!

uktotty

Bought these, hope they are correct
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171555158171? ... EBIDX%3AIT m

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "uktotty"Bought these, hope they are correct
 m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171555158171? ... EBIDX%3AIT m

Yep they're good Russ.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Cheers Nic  s:) :) s:)

StuC

Quote from: "uktotty"but as the original wheels were stolen, (along with my hardtop stand which I am "profiteering from" and door cards, seats etc, crash bars, stereo, etc )I have no wheels to put back on the blue one to get those nuts back!

Stolen?
Come again.  s:-( :-( s:-(

uktotty

Thought you knew mate, my ex lodger had a lock up, he offered me to put lots of my stuff in it, I retained £100 of his deposit due to needing to replace the mattress and clean the bedroom as he had stained it. (fill in the blanks)
In return for that, he got a van and emptied the lock up, took 2 sets of wheels, door cards, facelift seats, all my original interior items, bull bars for my 4x4, hardtop stand and bag,  and many other things that I can't even remember what was in there. I was on holiday when he did it, police got involved but nothing was resolved.

StuC

Rubbish  s:-( :-( s:-(

Wabbitkilla

Ah that's crap Russ, what a pita!
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

uktotty

Well the good news is the wheel nuts have arrived, bad news is they don't fit!
Wheels are KEI RSS and have a smaller hole and deeper recess than the nuts I have bought  s:( :( s:(

StuC

Sheesh, you can't catch a break Russ.

What size difference are we talking? The ones you have bought are a 24.5mm diameter.
The same company/trader on ebay offer these. These ones are only 20mm diameter.

If it makes you feel any better, the ones I have are the same as the ones you bought.  s:-( :-( s:-(

Mikeymead

Quote from: "uktotty"Thought you knew mate, my ex lodger had a lock up, he offered me to put lots of my stuff in it, I retained £100 of his deposit due to needing to replace the mattress and clean the bedroom as he had stained it. (fill in the blanks)
In return for that, he got a van and emptied the lock up, took 2 sets of wheels, door cards, facelift seats, all my original interior items, bull bars for my 4x4, hardtop stand and bag,  and many other things that I can't even remember what was in there. I was on holiday when he did it, police got involved but nothing was resolved.

What a B*****D!!! There are so right s***ts about.
Ding Day 2016 "Best In Show" & "Inspector Gadget" winner, not that I'm gloating or anything like that!

Tags: