Quick question on 17" tyre sizes

Started by LeeUK, October 14, 2004, 18:39

LeeUK

The 2nd from last picture looks really good in that size but it is an 18", I think if it were smaller (17") it may look too small, being 2 tone 'n' all.   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

I know the above comment maybe a bit ricey but I believe it to be true and I am contemplating 18"s if i got for the Gunmetal   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Comer

Quote from: "MRMike"
Quote from: "markiii"what are the weights?

I mocked soem up and liked it, in the real world I don;'t like so am going back to silver.

Really? I thought they looked awesome at JAE! esp on yellow!

Ditto. Mark they looked very good on yellow but I'm wondering myself whether black wheels would look too much on a black car.  FWIW I like the set in the 3rd picture.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

LeeUK

Not much of a photoshop!   s:D :D s:D    More of a mess but anyway:

What do you think.  After everyones comments I'm swaying for the gunmetal I really am undecided now, like a kid in a sweetshop!

Ordering them tomorrow, 17's or 18's?  The Picture shows 18's.

17's £701

18's £1080!!!

I want 17's for the fact that they are £400 cheaper but worried if I get them in gunmetal they may look too small.  Silver will look beter spinning.   s:? :? s:?    I'm not a good decision maker as you can all see!!!  I may have to ask my Girlfriend!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

17" and gunmetal. Do it!!   s:D :D s:D

LeeUK

Thats what my very pretty girlfriend says too!   s:D :D s:D
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

See: us beautiful people think alike!   s8) 8) s8)

markiii

17"

18" only if you are planning a serious bodykit, and have serious money to pay for tyres.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

LeeUK

Quote from: "LeeUK"Thats what my very pretty girlfriend says too!   s:D :D s:D

She was standing next to me and didn't approve when I first wrote ; "My bit of stuff....."  Thus edited!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

LeeUK

Went to order them today, they can no longer get hold of them as they are discontinued!   s:( :( s:(    Not what the bloke told me on the weekend.   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

LeeUK

Oh lookie lookie what I found:   s:D :D s:D  

Konig Next (Forge Silver)

Konig Helium Silver (Ultra Light Weight Wheel)

16.2lbs

(Wiping the dribble away)

More wheels @ http://www.konigwheels.com
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

heliums, yum,
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Tem

I've had my eyes on the Heliums for a while...looks nice, are kinda light and not too expensive either  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

LeeUK

Looks like I may have them first!!!   s:P :P s:P  

£105 per wheel (£420 total)

Set of Toyos £300 approx

So I'll see if Xtreme will take £750 for them fitted and I want some of those alloy valves thrown in too!  They quoted me £799 earlier for the package but they're pricey anyway, there is no way I'm gonna pay over the odds!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

I'm going down to Xtreme tomorrow (Sat lunchtime) to have a look at the heliums up against my car. Markiii, your welcome to come along if you like to have a look at them.

I had the TTE springs fitted today, a nice lower look to the car now.  It cost £308, much cheaper than the Eibach prices I was getting.  Feels even more Go-kart like now, and adds so much more fun to the driving experience!  I can't wait for the TRD brace!
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

thinkI could struggle tommorow Lee, but I'd liek to pop in in theory.

personally i reckon tehy will look teh dogs, I take it your still looking at them in 17"?

Just a thought but if teh offsets are teh same e.t.c might be worth considering 16" front 17" rear?

LeeUK

Good idea mark, unfortunately they only do them in 17s and 19s!

I'm going for the 19's of course.....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  .....no I'll end up burnt to a stake by spyderchatters if I did that, I think the 17's will look really nice with the lowering now, anything more wouldn't look right.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

aaronjb

Quote from: "LeeUK"I'm going for the 19's of course.....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  .....no I'll end up burnt to a stake by spyderchatters if I did that

The 19" Heliums are probably lighter than an awful lot of the aftermarket 17"s anyway though  s;) ;) s;)

19" would be slight overkill on a '2 though I feel, unless you want the 'agricultural' look  s;) ;) s;)

Very nice.. Jealous  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

MRMike

Just out of curiosity what is the 'official' weight of the MR2 alloys?  I've seen 14.6(15x6) and 15.0/15.2 (15x6.5) Not even sure why there are different fittments listed, assumed all 15's were the same size? Is this a stupid oversight?

Just interested as I'm looking into some tasty alloys myself.
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

markiii

you guys really must look at the rest of teh site and not just teh forum  :-) :-) :-)

m http://www.mr2roc.org/content/articles/ ... weight.php m

only lists 15" at teh moment, pre 2003 had 15"x6 up front and 15"x6.5 rear

MRMike

Excellent, that confirms what I thought..on wheel sizes..and thatI should look harder!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

LeeUK

Just a little taster, I shall take some proper pictures when the car is clean and there is better light!

Here's a few pics of my Konig Helium 17's on my car (Toyo rubber  s:D :D s:D  )

I will paint those calipers this weekend!   s:P :P s:P
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

aaronjb

They do look quite nice  s:) :) s:)  Just a shame really open wheels make the brakes look so weedy  s:( :( s:(

Anyhow.. very nice indeed  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

heathstimpson

Look nice matie  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

very nice mate   s:D :D s:D    Had Konig 'imagines' on my celica, good make   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

LeeUK

I'll do a proper post in the next couple of days when the light is better with the wheels and my other latest mods.  The pictures in the dark do not do the wheels justice, ahh sooooo nice!  s:D :D s:D

Plus the suspension has dropped a little more to make it look even sexier!   s:P :P s:P
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

LeeUK

Ok just had a thought, what should the tyre pressures be?  My new tyres are Toyo Proxes T1-S.  

Front: 205-40-17
Rear: 215-40-17
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Tags: