Exhaust options

Started by Thing, May 2, 2015, 12:08

Thing

Hey folks,

Ok, some (most) of you know I'm new here, and - of course - full of questions!

Here's the latest.

Good news, I opened up the CO2 sensors and though the pre-cats are still there (sort of not good news) they're in good condition, no signs of damage at all. Oh, '05 plate FL car, if that helps, 75k on the clock.

So, I'm thinking the pre-cats have to go. But I'm also thinking a new exhaust system rather than a hack job on the manifold. I can't do either though, I'm really not that mechanically adept. In which case I'm wondering about options for a full, replacement, road legal (meaning it'll pass an MOT) system. I've seen a post on the Facebook MR2 UK owners' page about a Proflow (previously Powerflow) full system which, apparently, can be fitted by a firm in Derby for £450 all in. That's doable. Any other suggestions? Thoughts about that system? All input gratefully received!

Basically I'd like twin pipes at the back, a better sound (it's way too quiet stock), improved performance would be a boon, and - naturally - the pre-cats gone!

Many thanks.

Tomo70

Not sure you would get a full proflow for that price. I take it you are gonna keep your cat and install new manifold ( in place of the precat ) and cat back exhaust with twin tails for the back.

There are lots of options open to you and I am sure everybody has their own favourite. Personally I gutted my pre cat and put a second hand Remus twin on the back for less than £200 but did it myself.

I think somebody on here mentioned a Fox exhaust which could be an option

Sure there will be quite a few responses to this subject,

Tom
🚘Just a pass time to break the monotony

Tags: