anyone tried federal 595rsr or R1R toyos tyres

Started by PhillRC, May 5, 2015, 20:06

PhillRC

I'm looking at buying some new tyres, the KUMHO KU36 i have atm don't really work well, the front compound seems to hard and don't want to warm up enough its playing hell with my abs and giving understeer.

tyre choice's so far

595 fedral. not tried them    

R1R toyo  not tried them

AD08 Yokohama. had them and thought they were good

Ardent

The word on the net is te Yoko AD08R is much improved.

steve-m-uk

i have federal rs-r on my vx220, fantastic tyre, never once felt like i was running out of grip, they also seem to work well in the wet too. Very stiff sidewalls so great for feedback.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Anonymous

Quote from: "steve-m-uk"i have federal rs-r on my vx220, fantastic tyre, never once felt like i was running out of grip, they also seem to work well in the wet too. Very stiff sidewalls so great for feedback.

Have. You tried other tyres on the same car? How do they compare?

steve-m-uk

I've done many miles on the vx standard bridgestone potenzas which were ok but began to melt at croft. I also drive a lot with Nic and his lotus which is shod in advan neova's, the lotus and vx are very similar chassis wise and there doesnt seem to be anything to choose between the advans and the federals.

Anonymous

That's interesting, thanks. They sound like a good alternative

PhillRC

I've bought some 595's now

Anonymous

Please feedback! Do you do track days?

PhillRC

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Please feedback! Do you do track days?

i have but not in my current car, ill let you know what they are like but its all personal preference with tyres.

Chimjunkie

Neither R1-R or AD08's will last long on a dry trackday before they go off and wear quickly if overheated. Best suited to road use where they are both superb! The AD08 will give longer wear, but not quite as much grip as the R1-R. R1-R's are now difficult to source. Do not confuse these with T1-R's which are great in extreme wet conditions, but will melt on track in the dry. Ad08R is a softer compound to the AD08, so better in the dry, but lower lifetime.

We have AD08R's on our MR2 and Exige.

yiug412

Hi

I'm looking at R1-R and 595rsr as well! where do you source them? 595rsr are pretty cheap on ebay but i'm worried they are old stock that has dried out already.

Louis

steve-m-uk

mine were from ebay and were fine , i don't think the RSR has been around long enough to be old stock.

stupink

Ask them for tyre dates if you're concerned, they are printed on the sidewall.
I found the AD08R ok on track, I did start to melt up the surface a bit, but it didnt wear or loose traction, my mate went for the RSR and is also happy with them, all good tyres, and i found it was more about what you could get in which size, i had no option in the size i wanted as R1R and RSR were unavailable.
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: