unichip issue

Started by Mr X, November 25, 2015, 13:27

Mr X

Hi all,
The little beast has developed a strange problem with the unichip... It doesn't do this with the unichip unplugged.

It started about 2 months ago, every now and again I would drop the clutch at low speed at a junction and it stalls. I'd restart and it would idle ok! This only happens when hot.
I swapped the ICV and swapped the MAF for one of my clean spares (I have 3). It still did it.
I then unplugged the unichip, plugged it all back in and it was ok for 2 weeks. Then it started stalling about 50% of the low rev gear changes or when parking. I ran the car for 2 weeks without the unichip, no problem.
I plugged it back in again yesterday and even when cold I got a little blip like it hesitated... then ran well until it was hot and then it would stall.
I emailed un-chip Europe who said get it mapped again.

I can't see how it would go from running ok for over a year to randomly stalling? closed loop/open loop sensor problem?? I don't get any error codes.

Any ideas?
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Anonymous

Try an ecu reset and it may of adjusted to the unichip

Mr X

That was done when I un-plugged and re-plugged in the unichip into the pnp harness. It's all a bit confusing has it's built up over time.
I'm not saying I'm batman. I'm just saying that nobody has ever seen me and batman in a room together.

Anonymous

Normal ecu reset is to unplug for 30mins

Mr X

Thanks for your input btw... I know I was only 15 mins swapping it in/out. I shall do it again for arguments sake but it was defiantly reset, you can tell because of the bouncy idle while it re-learns.

Tags: