remote replacement

Started by simon1964, November 3, 2016, 14:32

simon1964

I have a key with no guts inside it so just locking /unlocking and starting car manually.  I've been told by local key expert to buy  new remote which he will fit and programme,  but I can't find a remote on ebay just the key body....any advice please?

The Other Stu

Hi Simon,

He's right. You need the guts. They can be bought from ebay etc.
However, the easiest thing would be to put a "Wanted" post up on here, or failing that, there are a couple of breakers on the Facebook Group (Dean also has an ebay - he's RutlandMR2 there - send him a message through ebay). They shouldn't be too expensive.
No Longer Here

brettfield999

I'm interested in how it's managing to start the car if it has no "guts"? I guess unless it's a JDM import with no immobiliser? I managed to get a key cut and used guts transferred over for 22 quid, then initialised the key using the guide on here. It's really easy.
[strike]2000 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster with 187K, engine blown[/strike]<br />[strike]2000 Blue MRS, 80K[/strike]<br />[strike]2001 Blue PFL MR2 Roadster 131K, 2ZZ,[/strike]<br />[strike]2003 Silver FL MR2 Roadster with 81K now daily driver, 2ZZ by Headcase[/strike]

simon1964

Thanks for the information gents.  Ok, has anyone have a remote for sale?

Tags: