HEL brake lines fitting difficulties

Started by Amarlborough, May 25, 2017, 13:04

Amarlborough

Hi all, some advice on this would be great. I'm trying to fit new braided lines to the solid brake lines something which should be straight forward! I'm starting to think I've been sent the wrong ones.

Using the old flexible lines, the internal thread lines up with the external thread at the connection allowing it to bite.

The new braided line doesn't allow the connector deep enough to allow the threads to align. I've tried with and without the securing clip.

Does it have to be forced in? Any tips to get this to fit would be greatly appreciated!

onion86

Is that the fronts? This image is the rears so I'm not sure if it helps at all but shows that it should meet and sit nicely in the clip at the connection, yours seems a bit high up to me?

Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Amarlborough

It's the fronts, but your right it is sitting high compared to the picture. I'll see if it makes a difference. Thanks   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Amarlborough

No joy, the securing clip keeps it in that position.

Carolyn

I'd me as concerned about the narrow contact band showing on your disc.  You're only using half of the pad.  Something is amiss with this.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Amarlborough

Hi Carolyn not my discs, think it's a image onion86 found for reference

Carolyn

cool
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

SteveJ

Measure the internal diameter of the fittings on the new and old pipes - from your photo the new one looks way too small.

neogeo13

It look like the wrong hoses. They should screw in very easily.
Be like water...
YouTube channel-mr2 screaming chicken
2zz-with alot of other bits.
FB group- Toyota on track

SteveJ

Quote from: "neogeo13"Someone has cut short your hard brake line. Its definitely shorter.

There's nothing wrong with the fixed brake line - in the picture it's lifted up to fit the new flexi section. It fits fine with the original flexi pipe.

PS. Don't you just love when people edit their original posts rather than admit they might have been wrong   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Amarlborough

Cheers Steve, just measured and it is smaller. Ill contact the supplier to see what they can do.

can confirm the original fits fine, just as well as it's going back on!

Tags: