Suspension refresh options / anyone know what yellow spring are likely to be?

Started by suls, June 18, 2017, 12:35

suls

Hi All

think my suspension is due a refresh at least in places, handling isnt what it should be currently. Some leakage was noted from one of the front shocks last MOT recently.

Car is PFL 82K so it is probably due,

Question is whats my options? Don't really want to spend a fortune so think coilovers maybe out of my price range being nearer to what I paid for the car so think realistically from what I've read on here I'm prob looking at KYB shocks and maybe some new springs if I fancy them (can afford it)

Mechanic is having the car to have a look this week but mentioned today he thinks the car is already lowered (has yellow non OEM springs currently), anyone got any idea what they may be... the car doesn't look that low to me tbh... depending what they are might be better to go with some teins at the same time.

Usage wise I do a daily commute in it of 80 miles when its not terrible weather as its more fun than the SMax, it might get the odd track day in the future but hasnt done yet..

Does this sound like im on the right lines? anything im missing ? and wheres best/cheapest to source bits as and when i need them?

Thanks all

delhusband

Quote from: "suls"(has yellow non OEM springs currently), anyone got any idea what they may be... the car doesn't look that low to me tbh

Not sure, but mr2-ben.co.uk do sell yellow Apex springs.
Suppliers I've seen mentioned here, and online, are mr2-ben, fensport and gt4-play.
Your thoughts on suspension refresh- that's exactly where im at with my 2. Coilovers maybe too much money for what is my daily drive with maybe 1 track day a year
Hate pointy animals

suls

cheers delhusband, looks like they might be apex then I'll do a bit of research

Yeah, much as I'd love coilovers doubt I would ever adjust them and my usage probably doesnt warrant it

Tags: