Fitting TTE Rear grill inserts

Started by Anonymous, February 13, 2005, 15:49

Anonymous

Has anyone ever fitted one of these?

I've just finished spray painting them black (and I'm very impressed by the finish!), now I need to attach them to the car, the middle section seems easy enough, but it seems the two side sections need gluing to the bumper!

The instructions are little help, sort of diagrams and I have absolutly no clue what section 4 is on about.

markiii

that pretty much sums it up, glue is what they need.

I've had mine waiting to be sprayed for 6 months or more.

so I can't comment on how easy this is, but there must be a better way, I'm thinking some short self tapping screws through teh bumper into teh grills.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

So what do you reckon 4 is?  Its either, double sided tape along the bottom of the centre piece, or mask off a section and paint the rest black??b

Anonymous

After fitting these i can confirm section 4 referes to spraying the bumper bar black, if its not already and is optional, its just that you can now see it through the side grills.

Also, my glue was bust, so I had to use an epoxy instead, hopefully they wont fall off or set fire.

Those worried about gluing shouldn't be, its really easy to line up because of guiding tabs on the bumper and paint area you glue isn't visable anyway.

Now, what i need is a replacement grill above the licence plate, don#t know what its called, but it no longer matches.

karlus972

A french guy did it and made an awsome article.
It's in French but pretty helpful.......even without a dictionnary   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/spyderbc/Articles/Article%20MR%20pare%20choc%202003.htm
Madinina Style!!

Anonymous

This is the post 03 bumpers, not the tte inserts, although still helpfull if you don't know how to get hte rear bumper off.  

Its basically the same but you glue the inserts into the bumper, the post o3 design is much better in my opinion, but with the TTE you get something different

kanujunkie

this may help all you non french speakers
Link
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

not us non-french speakers who have had babelfish blocked at work, because its a good way to get round firewalls,
He does a good pre-cat write up as well.

kanujunkie

sorry mate, can't help you on that
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

I wish I had an avoid-shock - or perhaps I do   s:? :? s:?
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Hello, everybody, this is my first post on ROC Forum. I have to tell you that i'm very bad in english.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Like most people in France. I am the "french guy" who wrote (maybe had written  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) this article. I use to have a look at your forum without posting any reply but this afternoon, SURPRISE, it's my article!

03 rear bumper insert are very easy to fit and the result is great on a 00 silver Spyder. I really can't see the difference between the two kind of silver.

Post scriptum: my name is Couturier and not Dressmaker (comprenne qui pourra  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

roger

Quote from: "roger"I wish I had an avoid-shock - or perhaps I do   s:? :? s:?

Benoit, hi   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

You say most French people are not good at English - you should hear the English try to speak French !!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Keep logging on, you might even get the occasional Bonjour.

Bonsoir
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

heathstimpson

Oui,  Je voudrais que deux bières svp  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

kanujunkie

Smartass Heath!

oh and hi Benoit
[size=100]Stu[/size]

heathstimpson

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Smartass Heath!

oh and hi Benoit
About all I do know; how to order two bee  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  rs

kanujunkie

aaaaahhhh!  thats what it says is it?  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

feeling thick now  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Bienvenue au club, espoir de voir plus d'articles à l'avenir  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Trez bean, mercy buckets an' all that...

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

heathstimpson

The amount of rugby tours that I have frequented in France over the years has given me the ability to obtain drink, food and more drink  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Ah but the hours I have spent trawling the net has enabled me to realise  you can translate on Google
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Bowman"Ah but the hours I have spent trawling the net has enabled me to realise  you can translate on Google
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Googles no good at 3am worse for wear in a bar in Paris though  s:? :? s:?  
Better get back on track or I'll get my knucles wrapped as well  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Tem

Quote from: "kanujunkie"this may help all you non french speakers
Link

Please change that long url to show as a shorter text as it's messing the screen layout (on 1024x768 anyway)  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

ya fussy bugger, how's that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

Much better, thanks!  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

karlus972

Quote from: "Benoit"Hello, everybody, this is my first post on ROC Forum. I have to tell you that i'm very bad in english.  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  Like most people in France. I am the "french guy" who wrote (maybe had written  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ) this article. I use to have a look at your forum without posting any reply but this afternoon, SURPRISE, it's my article!

03 rear bumper insert are very easy to fit and the result is great on a 00 silver Spyder. I really can't see the difference between the two kind of silver.

Post scriptum: my name is Couturier and not Dressmaker (comprenne qui pourra  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )

Salut Benoit!
You are everywhere man! just like me!
Your article is so great that I wanted to share it with our English/Scotish/Welsh/Irish   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   MR2 addicted.
Hope you have no copyright on this!   s8) 8) s8)  

Hang out here is cool and a lot's of info available as well. On top of this, everybody speaks French here! Bring it on baby!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Madinina Style!!

Tags: