Portable Mp3 player install

Started by Anonymous, February 16, 2005, 18:48

Anonymous

I have aCreative Zen MP3 player, ... here comes the abuse...which is 10 times better than an ipod as the battery life is 26 hours rather than 18 and you can buy replacement batteries.

However, rather than spend £100+ on a new HU, I spent £15 on a cassette adapter.

I was expecting poor sound quality, but its sounds brilliant.

I was wondering if anyone has used this type of cassette adapter and if so, have they managed to build a custom install for it. I'm thinking of running the wires under the hadbrake cover and mounting the player under the handbrake, there's just enough room.

Also, has anyone found a neat way of hardwiring a Snooper, with pics if possible. Thanks

Anonymous

I have a Creative MuVo^2 player. Really happy with it. I was planning on getting a CD to tape adapter thing to connect it to the car but I just haven't got around to it yet. I was just planning on tucking the wires away somewhere then dropping my player into a freshly cleaned ashtray.

What type of connector did you get and where did you get it from? I heard that this is one of the things that a better brand really does make a difference.

Anonymous

I bought it direct from the creative website.

It consist the tape with the wire coming out of it and a cigarette adapter with an in-line transformer box, which is about the size of two matchboxes stacked on top of each other, this might be a pain to hide.

Worth getting though, if you do't fancy shelling out on a new HU.

Comer

I'm new to these portable mp3 players, so does anyone know of a similiar adaptor for an iRiver (H340)?  The only problem is that my head unit doesn't play cassettes   s:? :? s:?

Just found the answer to my own question... a wireless FM transmitter, but the sound quality can be poor and its illegal in the UK.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I wasn't planning on getting one with a power adapter. I'm not often driving for long enough to use up 2 CDs let alone the full battery. Hopefully that will mean there are less cables to hide and no big transformer thingies.

Nice cheap mod. A lot cheaper than a CD autochanger.   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Well, the transformer comes with the kit, don't think you can buy it without it. Can save for a long drive though.

Anonymous

I have one of these for my IPod too ... youve gota be carefull though i got a cheeper one from dixons to start with and the quality was terrible, then i went out and got the Belkin one from PCWorld and it was amazing .. superb quality ... unfortuantly its white and sticks out a bit !

heathstimpson

Slightly offtopic but is the Zen the best one to go for as its the one I was looking to buy for my lad for his birthday next month  s:?: :?: s:?:   He wanted the I pod but it looks as though the Creative Zen is better for normal PC use.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Quick tip:

Make sure you hold the front of the HU flap up when you are ejecting the tape or else the wire gets trapped!

Tags: