Adjustable rear arms

Started by Nvy, March 12, 2018, 12:49

Nvy

Hey guys, can you suggest some adjustable rear arms that can take some punishment on the track and not be ruined after 2 teack days?

I crashed so i guess ill take the opportunity and get an upgrade. I spoke to Paul but just want to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Essex2Visuvesi

I have the HardRace ones on my car
Haven't driven it in anger since fitting as the alignment is all out

Nvy

Quote from: Essex2Visuvesi on March 12, 2018, 12:53

Thats what Paul suggested but im looking for an opinion on these or something else that ppl find durable. Im on TTE suspension and for now not gonna go for coils as this is okay for a beginner. Ill try to fully fix the car and make it run good while not boosted, also ill take the time to learn to drive it because after the curb shot and after destroying all my wheels and suspension i know that i cant drive. It was slippery but that doesnt give me an excuse to be reckless and not to know my limit. I had luck that i didnt hit another car or that i didnt go upside down.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Nvy on March 12, 2018, 13:14
Quote from: Essex2Visuvesi on March 12, 2018, 12:53

Thats what Paul suggested but im looking for an opinion on these or something else that ppl find durable. Im on TTE suspension and for now not gonna go for coils as this is okay for a beginner. Ill try to fully fix the car and make it run good while not boosted, also ill take the time to learn to drive it because after the curb shot and after destroying all my wheels and suspension i know that i cant drive. It was slippery but that doesnt give me an excuse to be reckless and not to know my limit. I had luck that i didnt hit another car or that i didnt go upside down.
Credit to you for saying that mate, takes a grown up to admit that, I'm looking at the Hardrace arms too to sort my rear camber out. I've got some camber bolts but not yet had them fitted as there's an opinion that the arms are better if you need to remove anything and stand a chance of keeping your alignment.
I also need driving lessons then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

inside

I'm also considering new rear arms, mostly lower control arms for adding more camber, perhaps also toe/traction arms.

I was thinking something with regular or spherical bushing - no poly bushes - and preferrably in black - I just hate colored stuff on the suspension. I couldn't find any, the closest are hardrace: http://www.hardrace.co.uk/toyota.html?cat=875

Anyone has experience with them, are they quality product worth the price?

Nvy

Quote from: inside on May  3, 2019, 20:44
I'm also considering new rear arms, mostly lower control arms for adding more camber, perhaps also toe/traction arms.

I was thinking something with regular or spherical bushing - no poly bushes - and preferrably in black - I just hate colored stuff on the suspension. I couldn't find any, the closest are hardrace: http://www.hardrace.co.uk/toyota.html?cat=875

Anyone has experience with them, are they quality product worth the price?

I ended up getting superpro kit and whiteline crashbolts for the rear. My camber is -2.13 with them so i get is fine :)

If you are going with hardrace get in touch with Paul he will sort them out for you. Hes gonna do it for less money too :)

inside

Actually, you're right, camber bolts are better idea.

I already have eibach cam-bolts (rear 15mm), but I only get 1.75 max camber. But after reading more about it, I can go with front bolts (14mm) for rear, or add another pair of bolts to the bottom hole, so I should be able to get a bit more camber...

Tags: