TURBO TIME!!!

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2005, 16:54

Anonymous

Hey peeps I've finally decided to splash outon a turbo for my Veilside MRS.

Veilside themselved have recommended HKS but what would you recommend is:

A) the most effective setup?

B) The most cost-effective setup?

Im looking for a complete kit under £3K and around 300bhp but more importantly big torque gains and 0-60 reduction.

C'mon guys help me out!    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Search for "Hass"  s;) ;) s;)

A little over budget altho i can sort you with an Apexi or a Power Enterprise tubby within that budget  s;) ;) s;)

dieamond

PE can't make 300 bhp, it's limited to 250 I think

Top Secret is a good choice too  :-) :-) :-)
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

Anonymous

any idea of power gains and performance from these kits? anyone had them fitted? are they worth it?

dieamond

PE is good for 200/250, under 4000 EUROS inc taxes, unbeatable price
It's a kit for beginners, to get "few" power quite easy. Main interest is that the turbo begins to spool at 1300 RPM.

Top Secret is good up to 320 HP I think, more around 5500 Euros

Apexi is a pita to get, from what I read on Spyderchat, however the kit is OK from my POV.

Hass kits seems interesting, that's what Slacey bought, price is good and it's quite complete. It comes with a complete exhaust line, so for your applicatio, you would have some mods to do.

There are 2 kits in Germany I think too, but never really heard things on them.

If you want to stick to £3K, don't hesitate : take the PE kit, and you'll spend the difference to be sure it runs perfectly fine  :-) :-) :-)
If you take a £3K kit, you'll be broke in case you need to make some adjustments (and you will  s;-) ;-) s;-)  )
Turbo seems cheap, but may require some cash in case of problem.
TRD - Cusco - C-One - Tom\'s - Amuse - Top secret - Veilside - Spoon - Blitz - Invidia
JUN - Racing Gear - APR Performance - HKS - Apexi - Project Mu - Trial

GSB

Quote from: "bluephoenix"any idea of power gains and performance from these kits? anyone had them fitted? are they worth it?

Search, and all your questions are answered...  Seriously there must be 2 or 3 current turbo and tuning threads at the moment. Have a read...
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Veilsid and HKS are quoting 320 bhp for their kit, anyone have any feelings on this?

Anonymous

Get the Hass kit. Join the club.   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

does anyone have any performance test info on the Hass kit?

Also I wouldnt need the exhaust as I already have the Veilside one so what would I need and where from how much etc?

GSB

Quote from: "bluephoenix"does anyone have any performance test info on the Hass kit?

Also I wouldnt need the exhaust as I already have the Veilside one so what would I need and where from how much etc?

Tom, please, can you use the search function? These are all elementary questions, that can all be answered by reading through the many turbo kit comparisons and user experience reports, both here, and more frequently, on Spyderchat. Search for "Hass and Turbo" over on  w www.spyderchat.com w , and you'll pull up all sorts of info, including photos, development issues, dyno plots etc. etc. etc... Seach on Google for "Hass turbo" and the very first hit is Jay Hass's website detailing the development of the kit and its specifications....

Thanks,

GSB
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Veilside themselved have recommended HKS

I'd assume they'd recommend the Veilside turbokit  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

But yeah, please click this:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

heathstimpson

Quote from: "dieamond"PE can't make 300 bhp, it's limited to 250 I think

Top Secret is a good choice too  :-) :-) :-)
I'm sure Perry got 285BHP from his PE kit.
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

Hass

Jap GT300

check out my comparison here.

m http://www.angelfire.com/space/mr-s/chargerpage.html m

I've roughly detailed 17 turbo kits for the MR2.

BTW did you know that the Veilside turbo is $12,000 and they will only release to pre approved cars.

Anonymous

As said the Hass kit IMO is the best to go for if you want a more "complete" kit.

The PE kit is for beginners who want a few HP   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  , if anything it is for the more experienced now, it needs more work to perfect it like custom fab an exhaust and cat, O2 mod,own choice of piggy back for tuning, custom IC or WI. It isn't worth the money for high power now, but it is capable with all the right mods, it can put enough power out for the stock motor anyway as its only after 12psi it runs out of steam. 12psi is 12psi be it with a big turbo or small turbo.

Oh yeh, if you want that much power don't forget the clutch upgrade and the important cost of installing the whole lot if your not mechanically minded or electrically come to think of it. That's not going to be cheap.

Go Hass, cut the crap i went through   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Ok just checked out Hass ann see what you mean!

should I order the stage 1 or the stage 2 Hass? Whats the difference?

Will I need the exhaust as I already have the Veilside one?

GSB

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Ok just checked out Hass ann see what you mean!

should I order the stage 1 or the stage 2 Hass? Whats the difference?

Oh FFS...  s:x :x s:x  

So you "checked it out" but didnt actually take the time to read anything? Here, let me hold your hand...

Click your mouse on the following link:
 m http://www.hassauto.com/mr2.htm m

And read the differences for yourself...

As for the exhaust, the Hass kit one wasnt designed to fit the Veilside kit. and the Veilside one that was designed to fit the kit, wasnt designed to fit the Hass turbo, so no, it wont fit. You could of course try adapting the hass exhaust to fit the bodykit, which should not be a big job...

kanujunkie

now, now Grant, temper temper  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Look administrators, moderators, high lords MR2-ROC or whatever you like to be called..... is it such a crime to have a conversation and ask advice from real people?? I thought thats what forums were for!!!

If I wanted to search through archives of previous threads and page upon page of boring tuner web pages for answers I wouldnt be using your precious forum!

At the end of the day this is supposed to be fun and people like to chat about things that interest them!

I know you are all up tight about bandwith and stuff but for all our sakes please try to be a little less anal!

Regards,

Tom.

Anonymous

I think the point GSB is trying to make, is that if you'd used the Search function instead of posting all these different questions on here, you'd have had all the answers you need in about 20 mins.

It's not about bandwidth, it's about common sense.

GSB

Quote from: "bluephoenix"If I wanted to search through archives of previous threads and page upon page of boring tuner web pages for answers I wouldnt be using your precious forum!

One of the conditions of membership of this forum is that you do exactly that, use the search, find out a few things for yourself, and then ask... Its written quite clearly in the PM that you are sent when you first join, and in the sticky topics, and the moderators occasionally ask members politely to make use of the function to find and read what has been written before, in order that the same questions dont get asked over and over again...

Also, repeated postings are very irritating, and you'll quickly find that no-one wants to help someone whos quite clearly unwilling to help himself. Eventually the people who have the experience, and could help you, will come to develop the attitude that "if he cant be bothered to search, I cant be bothered to answer his question." and then everyone loses out.

So please, for the final time, use the search facility, try answering a few of your own questions with the data that easily comes to hand, both here and on spyderchat, and then when you do ask a question that hasnt been asked before, people will be a lot more willing to throw their time and thought at it, rather than wasting their time re-typing the same old things that have gone before, because you cant be bothered.

Tags: