front indicator - de-egg?

Started by BahnStormer, August 13, 2018, 08:51

BahnStormer

Hi - has anybody done a guide on how to "de-egg" the headlights (remove the permanent orange plastics and replace with a clear lense + silver bulb that flashes orange)??

I thought it was just a large orange bulb, but I had a look y'day and it appears to be a clear bulb behind a big orange lens :(

This is for  FL headlight unit (if the indicator section is different)....
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

K T M Rider

Did you check the How To section - as there is a guide to splitting the lights and that's the main bit.

As for removing the lens itself, a quick search for the correct foodstuff (Orange instead of Egg  ;)  )

et voila :

quote author=AmeR link=topic=38996.msg462499#msg462499 date=1340135637]
Quote from: getshawtywhile I have the headlight out, is there away to get the orange colour out from the indicator.
is it a orange lense or just an orange bulb.

Orange lens held in by a screw inside. Only way is to split open the headlight (guide in the How To section) and remove it
[/quote]

As I suspect you may be wondering..... I don't know if the above advice was based on a knowledge of purely PFL lights purely FL lights or both, but I am reasonably confident it's the light splitting that is the awkward bit.
Grey 2012 GT86 / ex 2001 W / 2003 03 /2003 53 MR2s
Orange 2019 Aygo Xcite Daily Driver

BahnStormer

thanks, got it: https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=27183.0

didn't realise it would be a whole oven-bake job :(
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: