manifold & exhaust bolts and gaskets

Started by roadsta, May 21, 2019, 22:14

roadsta

I've acquired a toyosport manifold and cobra quad exit exhaust which I plan to fit soon, along with the original downpipe and cat.

https://flic.kr/p/25nq9Z6

https://flic.kr/p/25nqa2v

What gaskets and bolts am I going to need?
Are manifold to block studs reusable and do u reckon the gaskets in photos look ok?
Cheers all, tia.

Call the midlife!

Can't see from that photo and can't remember for certain but I think the Toyo manifold to cat is a flat flange? The majority are recessed for crush rings so you're going to need a fresh gasket for that one certainly. Head studs are dependent on how well they come off but if it's the original manifold be prepared to lose a couple.
Manifold to head gasket can often be reused at least once.
You're going to need a new crush/carbon "donut" ring for the Cobra to the cat pipe, last one I got local was less than a fiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Gaz mr-s

I was involved in helping someone use a 2nd hand Toyo.  You will find very little info on here about doing it, because the Toyo is supplied with a gasket.  The friend that did, bought some gasket material, - the perforated metal sandwich type & made a gasket....it was a sod of a job.
Someone did suggest afterwards trying Toyo in the UK for a gasket.

I'm in the midst of replacing my manifold.  You will almost certainly need Irwin or Erbauer gripper sockets. It's as likely the stud will come out rather than the nut coming off.  Use plusgas several times days before doing the job.  In some cases the stud snaps.

roadsta

Joesson

As Gaz mr-s said above, the studs will likely come out or be destroyed in the process. I reused those that were undamaged and bought new from Mr T to make up the numbers.
You will have a "pattern" and if necessary, or cost dictates, it may be possible to use a similar stud from another source.
Also realise that the OE nuts are a self locking type and should be used once only, again, I used MrT for replacements, but another source, as for studs, could be less costly.
Time often relates to money though and although perhaps relatively costly MrT is a one stop shop if you need the right parts quickly.

Tags: