Barbarian Vs Ultra Racing front strut brace

Started by Smithy, March 18, 2020, 09:02

Carolyn

Quote from: shnazzle on May 15, 2020, 08:54
Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 15, 2020, 08:30
Quote from: shnazzle on May 15, 2020, 07:46
Quote from: MR2Bart1991 on May 15, 2020, 07:37So is this the most effective brace to start with on a facelifted car or is the breastplate more effective?
i'm just trying to solve the body roll somewhat and cant do all the bracing all at once offcourse because "Money"
Both are equally effective but the effect you're after is given more by the breastplate or "TTE brace" or "Matt's brace" or "Carolyn's brace".

Front strut makes the front end more "pointy". And it really does.
A good mid brace really makes the car feel more solid.

There's tons of discussions on the forum about the pros and cons of bracing, too much bracing, incorrect bracing, etc etc  but the "seat of pants" rule of thumb here is that the mid brace is pretty much a requirement.

So according to your review the Carolyn brace is the one to go for right? these things are hard to find it seems when looking on the internet but definetly looks like the thing i need first as far as bracing goes.
It would take some doing to convince Carolyn to make another batch. It's hard work and Carolyn and David aren't the young whippersnappers they used to be ;)

But they are, in my opinion the dog's danglies.

Next is the TTE mid brace. Or Matt's copy of it. They come up very very rarely.
Then there are a number of alternatives after that but maybe the most available of all at the minute is @Snelbaard 's breastplate. It does the job but obviously not quite as effective as a brave that spans a much bigger area.
Steve @ Megillian also made a brace and they come up for sale from time to time but unfortunately, as much as I like Steve, I can't recommend buying from him at the minute. He's too busy.

Have a good Google. EBay may have something. Contact @Snelbaard. And maybe if @Carolyn sells the rights to her design you can get someone else to build it :)

I am seriously considering selling the jig and the rights to use it. Just who would be interested, I don't know.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Snelbaard

@MR2Bart1991 :

I just sold out a batch of breastplates but it's not unusual to have someone back out. Want me to let you know when that happens?
Follow me on instagram for all my Spyder products @snelbaard

MR2Bart1991

Quote from: Snelbaard on May 15, 2020, 09:48@MR2Bart1991 :

I just sold out a batch of breastplates but it's not unusual to have someone back out. Want me to let you know when that happens?
Sure, thanks as im from belgium yours would probably be the easiest way to get one.

Bimmer-Bob

Quote from: H1GRM on March 18, 2020, 10:29Cannot comment on either but love my TRD.

Of course @Carolyn has manufactured her own excellent version.

Greg

Wow! How did you cut the plastic? It looks so precise. And there's even like a lip around the holes.

H1GRM

Quote from: Bimmer-Bob on May 27, 2020, 03:25
Quote from: H1GRM on March 18, 2020, 10:29Cannot comment on either but love my TRD.

Of course @Carolyn has manufactured her own excellent version.

Greg

Wow! How did you cut the plastic? It looks so precise. And there's even like a lip around the holes.

Hi, just patience, a very sharp Stanley knife and then some rubber beading.  :)
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

Tags: