2zz induction help please

Started by MrGreen, June 4, 2020, 15:19

MrGreen

Hi all, help please.
Several 2zz swap induction kits have an adaptor for the vacuum hose including the mwr and ppe.
If using the EliseParts maf adaptor pipe, what do I do with the vacuum pipe? Help please.

shnazzle

Hi there

Just block it off with a rubber cap and small jubilee clip. Cap size depending on the size of the pipe I guess.

Alternatively
https://www.elise-shop.com/hurricane-induction-kit-for-vvti-engine-elise-111r-exige-s2-federal-elise-p-250.html

or build one:
https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/engine-br-gearbox/induction-exhaust/induction/toyota-air-feed/
...neutiquam erro.

MrGreen

Quote from: shnazzle on June  4, 2020, 16:29Hi there

Just block it off with a rubber cap and small jubilee clip. Cap size depending on the size of the pipe I guess.

Thanks 👍
Why do the mwr and other kits come with a connection for it though if you can just blank it off?

shnazzle

Quote from: MrGreen on June  4, 2020, 16:32
Quote from: shnazzle on June  4, 2020, 16:29Hi there

Thanks 👍
Why do the mwr and other kits come with a connection for it though if you can just blank it off?
Sorry I adjusted my post above with more info :)
...neutiquam erro.

MrGreen

The elise parts link is the product I have. My question is why it doesn't have a vacuum pipe connection when the other products do? And as such if you just blank it off, then why do the others have it at all?

shnazzle

ah right. It depends on the throttle body.
the cable throttle has the input on the throttle body.
I believe the drive-by-wire throttle body does not. So it needs to be elsewhere. I could be wrong...usually am hahaha
Options are induction pipe and intake manifold.

Also, a lot of these pipes are also compatible for use with turbo for blow-off valves.
I remember i had one once and it came with a blocker, in case you didn't need it.
...neutiquam erro.

MrGreen

Ah I see, thanks for the info very helpful. 👍👍

shnazzle

I think I've totally misread your question...

It's the inverse of what I thought it was, in which case my earlier advice needs to be ignored thoroughly as this will cause issues!

But I sort of covered it earlier... there should be an input on the throttle body that you connect it to.
...neutiquam erro.

MrGreen

I got you. I don't have the car at the moment so I was unable to look for myself and suss it out.
Thanks 👍

Tags: