anti flex plate corky v cusco

Started by richbay, April 21, 2005, 16:37

richbay

which one is best and better value for money, corky's is out of stock, not sure what the cost is going to be from the states, japanparts have them at £56 plus shipping, should i go for that or wait for corky's to come in stock....help please as i understand its a must have mod.....

Liz

I have got both, but first I would go for the Corky..nuisance if you have to wait for one though.  I put the Cusco on after the corky so can't comment about what it would be like with just that on, but should imagine that you would feel the difference.
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

so.simple

Sorry Liz, but I think you misunderstood what he is asking... I guess he was asking about corky's plate VS cusco's plate, the one in the next pic:

It's called "Floor Sub Frame" and can be bought from JapanParts

I've had no experience with Cusco's but if looks mean anything, I'd feel inclined to say Corky's plate is a bit more substantial.

Just my 2 cents.
Carlos

richbay

yes thats it so, simple i was looking for a bit of a comparisson, thanks

Bongo

Quote from: "Liz"I have got both, but first I would go for the Corky..nuisance if you have to wait for one though.  I put the Cusco on after the corky so can't comment about what it would be like with just that on, but should imagine that you would feel the difference.

Does that mean you have both on at the same time? Did you notice a difference from just havng the Corky?

so.simple

Quote from: "Bongo"
Quote from: "Liz"I have got both, but first I would go for the Corky..nuisance if you have to wait for one though.  I put the Cusco on after the corky so can't comment about what it would be like with just that on, but should imagine that you would feel the difference.

Does that mean you have both on at the same time? Did you notice a difference from just havng the Corky?
I guess it just means Liz has the same setup that I do. A corky's plate with a Cusco Front Strut Bar.   s:) :) s:)  You can confirm it in Liz's signature.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Carlos

Bongo

Ahh, and there was me having thoughts of a combined "super breast plate".   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Liz

Sorry guys, read it quick, will go and do something girlie now like cook dinner!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

so.simple

Quote from: "Liz"Sorry guys, read it quick, will go and do something girlie now like cook dinner!   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Hey! Are you calling me a girlie?   s:D :D s:D   I cook dinner very often   s:D :D s:D
Carlos

markiii

never tried them back to back, but I would expect Corkys tobe better.

it was designed to be.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Liz

Quote from: "so.simple"Hey! Are you calling me a girlie?   s:D :D s:D   I cook dinner very often   s:D :D s:D

As if..have you looked in the mirror lately!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Now..back on topic!!

Anonymous

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but does anyone else have experience on this?

I was thinking of ordering one of these, as my location here in Greece would be easier:
 m http://www.modacar.com/products/Toyota/MR2/SKIDPLATE/ m

Nathan

Tem

Quote from: "Agni"Sorry to drag up an old topic, but does anyone else have experience on this?

I was thinking of ordering one of these, as my location here in Greece would be easier:
 m http://www.modacar.com/products/Toyota/MR2/SKIDPLATE/ m

Nathan

That's the original, which everyone copies  s8) 8) s8)  I don't think you'd notice a difference between any of these plates, so get the one you prefer.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I was looking at a photo of the original 'plate' on the site, and wondered how easy it would be to re-enforce the standard plate? I have a friend who runs a welding shop and I am sure if I took it off and he were to 'weld it up' it would be an improvement. Does anyone have any advice or experience on this?

Nathan

PS In the mean time, I have emailed 'Corky' to see if I can buy an original.

Anonymous

Have you seen the standard plate + bar? TBH, I reckon you could wedge a bit of cardboard in there and it'd do a better job.

Get the Corky/Cusco plate if you want to make a difference.

Tem

Here's a pic of the original two pieces versus antiflex plate.

Anonymous

I do not understand. Sorry.
I assume:
The two on the right are the existing plate, which the Corky/Cusco replace, but the bar I have not seen before. The replacement on the left is from whom?

Tem

Quote from: "Agni"The two on the right are the existing plate, which the Corky/Cusco replace, but the bar I have not seen before.

Yes, the two on the right are the stock plates. The bar on the background isn't related to this  s:? :? s:?

QuoteThe replacement on the left is from whom?

I don't even remember...it was a groupbuy in a site that doesn't exist anymore ( w www.mr2-spyder.com w ), some years before Corky started to make these. But the plates are all similar anyway and connect to the same 6 places where the stock plates are.

jonytom

Looks like an iMR2 anti-flex plate - there's an old fitting guide on  m http://www.spydermagazine.com m . Don't think you can get them anymore.
[size=75]Black \'03, black leather, TTE lowering springs, Markiii pipe, Corky\'s plate, J-Spec steering wheel badge, club windscreen sticker, red calipers with Toyota styling, Toyota GB body kit, Goodyear F1 Eagles (GS-D3), Dev\'s keyhole covers, black (painted) J-Spec nose badge[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "jonytom"Looks like an iMR2 anti-flex plate

It's not. These were done after his 1st batch, when he said he wouldn't do these anymore, but later on he did anyway  s8) 8) s8)

loadswine

If you want a really cool alternative, look here http://www.lmcorse.com/master.htm
The design has changed a little from the pic on the site with a few more holes making it lighter. I have one of these and it's beautifully made. Nathan, the p&p might be better for you as you're close to Italy.
It cetainly makes a noticeable difference to my 2's handling.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

I recieved mine only last week from Corky and I'm sure he is still processing. I ordered via a group buy on Spyderchat .com

Tags: