Custom Badge

Started by Anonymous, June 9, 2005, 13:57

Anonymous

Height: 1 inch

The above was done special for my Little Rocket 2ZZ engine conversion project.  It's my design and Corky (AKA CeeDapp on Spyderchat) made it a reality.  Corky tells me this isn't even the finished product!  He's going to add a clear coat and may make other "finish" type improvements, but I'm pretty darned happy with it the way it is.

I just thought I'd pass this on, that Corky's shop has the capability to make such things.  They have some new machinery and software to allow them to do things like this with different fonts.  It looks like the exact same fonts I used in Photoshop!  The detail (fine lines) is pretty impressive, don't you think?  So if you want to personalize your car in some way, he may be able to help you.  (I havn't talked with him about it... just guessing.  His shop does mainly big orders and he only does little jobs like this for fun.)

Anonymous

#Ohh, thats really nice.

kanujunkie

new club badges????
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

markiii

would people want them? (club badges that is)

I'd be happy with them as an option and they would look nice, but you could overdo the ROC logo if you stick it everywhere.

if there is enough interest I'll look into it.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

so.simple

[drool]
  Awwwww   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  
[/drool]
Carlos

roger

Quote from: "markiii"if there is enough interest I'll look into it.

Yeh, I like the idea. As long as its "discreet" i.e. No web site addresses. Cost is important of course, but if its not too much I am sure a stock held by the club would sell.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

i was talking of this, minus the bit on the right and probably about the same size

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Comer

I wouldn't mind it without the J-Spec logo either so it's just the MR2ROC bit.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

kanujunkie

sounds good, what about the coloured bit where it says ROC, or what about it just silver
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Anyone know the font used in the ROC logo? I'm trying to put a couple of ideas together in PS for this...

Bongo

I was thinking it would be nice with the jspec logo and then "roadster" or somesuch in place of "mr2-roc".

Anonymous

How much was that then?

Anonymous

Well, so far... free (for me).  s:) :) s:)    I tried to pay, but he wouldn't have any of that.  Before Corky stepped up to do this, I tried to get it done elsewhere, but the company was and still is in transition with new equipment.  I had no idea Corky had this capability.

I don't know what he would charge or even if he'd want to do more of these, to tell you the truth.  Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, but I'm guessing that he might be receptive to doing more badges (especially if it's a decent sized batch because there's the time to setup the machine).  I feel kind of dumb for saying anything at all, but figured that if there's a demand and he has free time to do it, my posting the pictures here would be a good idea.

I'll point him towards this topic and then we'll both know.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Beanie"I feel kind of dumb for saying anything at all

I'm sure he's not likely to mind you saying about it - heck, what's the worst that can happen? He'll just say no if he doesn't want to do them for others  s;) ;) s;)

Looks nice btw, very nice..
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Comer"I wouldn't mind it without the J-Spec logo either so it's just the MR2ROC bit.

what like this?(sorry, still crap at graphics!)

[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

now that is sweet  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

That looks pretty nice!  I'm not sure of the intention, but I would think incised letters would be a little easier to make and keep clean.   I sent him a fairly high resolution jpg (about 512 pixels high for a 1" high badge, as I recall) and also gave him the font information, font name, size in points, kerning, and tracking.  But I'm sure if he's going to do this he'll tell you what is needed.

filcee

Old style grill badges ... cool!

oh bu99er - now you all know hold old I am  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

oh bu99er again - no flippin' grill to hang them on  s:-( :-( s:-(
Phil
2003 6-sp SMT in Sable
x-2001 5-sp SMT in Lagoon Blue

Comer

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Comer"I wouldn't mind it without the J-Spec logo either so it's just the MR2ROC bit.

what like this?(sorry, still crap at graphics!)

Spot on Stu!
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

this might be a silly question but where would it go on the car?   s:? :? s:?   be gentle im new

Anonymous

I'd put one on the dash board some where...Maybe the glove compartment.

Can these things be made anywhere?

Tem

Quote from: "nic_wigan"this might be a silly question but where would it go on the car?   s:? :? s:?   be gentle I'm new

Anywhere you wish  s;) ;) s;)

Rear bumper might be a nice place...
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Haha.....I do wish actually!

kanujunkie

right so how do we get the fonts to do this, or can any of you techno-people congeur up some of your wizardry and pull a cat out of the bag?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

markiii

the font should be Nationalyze-ALP.ttf

Tags: