DVD and TV

Started by Anonymous, June 16, 2005, 00:59

Anonymous

I want to get rid the borring  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   toyota cd player and i want to fit in a dvd player with tv the only thing is its a weird shape cd housing and i cant/dont know were to look to find something to fit nicely and look the part  s8) 8) s8)

kanujunkie

it's a car, not a lounge!  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

send a pm to Javier(roadsterboy) he has the sort of thing your after
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

It requires an adaptor kit. I had to do use some crude shims in mine to make the screen fold out at a decent angle though. Mine is Pioneer, and I couldn't get the screen to a good angle until I moved it out a bit. The navpod and screen are going in today finally. If I had it to do over, I'd get a player without a screen and the navpod. The screen is too low, and there is a seperate box that eats up valuable glove box space.

Anonymous

Hi,

Get yourself a nice Pioneer AVIX-X1R headunit.  The specs can be found at  m http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_det ... _id=25-112 m   It is a sat-nav unit with a built in TFT touch screen that is capable of playing DVD movies.  It does have an extra unit used for connections and has a built in gyro for the sat nav but this can be concealed under the passenger seat (as I have in mine).  The beauty of this over PDA based sat-nav systems is that as it's connected to your speedo, it will know where you are when in a tunnel. Best piece of kit i've ever bought.  

Also, if you have an Ipod you can buy the Pioneer CD-IB100 Ipod adapter and control the ipod from the headunit and it'll display track listings etc (there is a slight restriction in song title length with the older AVIC-X1 - the one I have)  I have mine hidden in the passenger footwell so it cant be seen and this install has meant that I have lost no space at all.  Hope that helps.

Quoteit's a car, not a lounge!  

True, but nice to watch an episode of The Fast Show when stuck on the M4   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

Quote from: "roadsterboy"
Quoteit's a car, not a lounge!  

True, but nice to watch an episode of The Fast Show when stuck on the M4   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

thats quality guys i'll look into it

thanks again

philster_d

Quote from: "roadsterboy"Hi,

Get yourself a nice Pioneer AVIX-X1R headunit.  The specs can be found at  m http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_det ... _id=25-112 m   It is a sat-nav unit with a built in TFT touch screen that is capable of playing DVD movies.  It does have an extra unit used for connections and has a built in gyro for the sat nav

Can you load these with the speed camera positions date ?

Anonymous

Nope, it's all run off a DVD which doesn't currently have the speed camera locations on it (well, not as far as I've seen).  However, Pioneer might decide to include it in next year's update DVD but I very much doubt it.  The unit is great but the lack of this data is it's only drawback.  Still love it though   s:D :D s:D

philster_d

For a grand I want the thing to drive and ill just watch the movies   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

My girlfriend got a AVIC-X1 and I installed it in her Mini, great piece of kit.  Do you have the DVD update?

Do you have any pics of it installed in the '2?  I'd love to see how it looks, was tempted to fit it in my '2 before I put it in the Mini but I knew I'd end up buying it anyway and getting another for the Mini!

Anonymous

Hi,

Yeah i've got the updated DVD which includes the M6 toll road.  

I don't have any piccies yet but will try and post some for you this week   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Hi,

Sorry for sounding dumb, i'v read all the articals on Din and ISO mountings, but i still don't quite understand it all

what has the '2 got? a double ISO???

so if i wanted to put in two units they both need to have ISO mounting and removable front Trim's

if not i would have to get an adaptor???
any suggestions on where i can get one from and Price???

(looking at how some people have put two DIN units in, it looks like a lot
of work, when you could just buy one of these adaptors??)

I'm looking to buy this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/229-7-TFT-LCD-In-Dash-TV-Monitor-DVD-VCD-Player_W0QQitemZ5811398963QQcategoryZ67772QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

what do i need???

I hope someone can put me stright!!

philster_d

I got an iso adapter from car audio direct, there was only 1 type for the mk3.

Im interested in how you go and what sort of quality the stuff is extremeMR2 might consider using that guy too.

Im spending so fast i need to save money somewhere.  s:) :) s:)  (saving by spending is bad logic lol)

Philster.

Anonymous

Quote from: "roadsterboy"will try and post some for you this week   s:) :) s:)
Cool, need some ideas for my '2, although could do with some cash first   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: