more power please

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2005, 00:59

Anonymous

hello all

i have had my mr2 now for a wopping one month now and have come to the conclusion, i want more power.

Can anyone suggest some things i could add to my car just to improve its power, before everyone starts shouting turbos nos etc i dont want them to be major things as i dont want to effect the insurance to to much as im only just 21 and definatly dont want it to ruin my warrenty. i guess little bits and bobs that are easy to fit and work im not bothered about the price so suggest only the best if pos

cheers everyone

o yea i have tt's already which probably dont help the power much but sounds nice

Anonymous

Unichip is really your best option. Have a search on it, lots of good power gains have been seen.

Liz

Welcome along to the forum  s:) :) s:)  , I think that you have already counted yourself out of anything that is going to make a significant difference for two reasons, you don't want to affect the warranty and your insurance costs.

An aftermarket airtake might give you a few BHP but you won't feel it in the butt dyno which is where it counts.  I suppose that a plug and play unichip as MR-s TURBO says, at least you can take it out of the car with no trace if anything goes wrong under warranty, but its going to cost you on insurance....maybe its good not being young anymore!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

What she said. Go for a Unichip with harness so you can remove it if needed. This is the absolute best bang for the buck. For £400-500 you will get more improvemnt than any exhaust, intake etc will give.

Anonymous

Or Emanage if you're thinking turbo down the road. Most turbo manufacturers tune with either PFC or emanage. So you might as well get it now, and save on that option if you go turbo. Unichip works with turbo too. MPH used unichip with his PE turbo if I'm not wrong.

Anonymous

I assumed he wouldn't ever go turbo that's why i said unichip. MPH did have it with his and it worked fine, but the emanage does cope better with a turbo application. The emanage doesn't have a plug and play harness yet so again the unichip would keep his warranty if removed before any visits to mr T.

Anonymous

Right. Unichip should be it then.

Anonymous

unchip sounds good then, how hard is it to fit, and does anyone know any links to get to them.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tex"unchip sounds good then, how hard is it to fit, and does anyone know any links to get to them.

you need a security Torx bit and 5mins, remove 1 screw, pull out 2 connectors from the ECU, plug those connectors into the unichip harness, and then plug the unichip connectors back into the ECU, outside of that, you've just got to mount the bits wherever you want, mines velcro'd to the bottom of the bin.

as for the info, check out the GB that was done for the info or contact dastek directly, be sure to ask about the plug'n'play harness

w www.dastek.co.uk w
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

Tags: