Third Breaklight Cover on E-Bay

Started by Anonymous, August 31, 2005, 11:35

philster_d

I can probably do something over the 10th/11th and its only an hour drive, I just looked it up.

Drop me a mail to pditum at icc.co.uk with a suggested time or whatever, unless you get a better offer, maybe  from a busty blonde roadster owner.  hehe

Philster

heathstimpson

If not I should be able to get to you sometime next weekend Steve  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

what happened to this? i've got a red mr2, been thinking would a red light cover look better so it blends in with the car?

heathstimpson

Quote from: "razorsharp192"what happened to this? i've got a red mr2, been thinking would a red light cover look better so it blends in with the car?
Never heard from Steve since  s:? :? s:?  Mystery  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Bongo

Quoteafter that I will be out of the country until November

Could explain it.

philster_d

Steve is away, I did visit him and we did size up the light.

I also came up with a design for my test one and he has made it.

Some people got a peek at the Go Karting session.

Anyway, I will take some pics soon and we can all see the excelent result.

There was still some discussion of possible methods for the best results and colour match etc, but for me having black it was easier.

Philster.

Anonymous

Guys.... do you wish me to give it a go? I've no idea what I'll be up to, but if it's just vinyl, I have a close friend who customise vinyl and sticker for a living. I could ask the price for you, and hopefully it will be cheaper since I'm in Malaysia. Just let me know what's required (colour of top of the brakelight, design etc), and I will see to it.

SteveJ

Quote from: "philster_d"Some people got a peek at the Go Karting session.

Not back yet - just took a few minutes out to check my emails and noticed there had been new posts on this thread.

Phil - Any feedback on the sneak peeks at the karting?

kanujunkie

i saw it and at first couldn't work out what was different, so on a black car it works well, not sure on the design but the idea works well
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

Was all good feedback.

edward.carter

i got the one off ebay. Seriously thinking about taking it off, basically because looking in mirror when braking im sure people are laughing at it each time it lights up, hmm not keen at all, nope its gotta go.... pretty dangerous too trying not to brake as much so people cant see it lol  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "edward.carter"i got the one off ebay. Seriously thinking about taking it off, basically because looking in mirror when braking I'm sure people are laughing at it each time it lights up, hmm not keen at all, nope its gotta go.... pretty dangerous too trying not to brake as much so people cant see it lol  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

why would people laugh? all it says is Roadster

also, does it fit ok? the other person who got one said it was crap

philster_d

They fitted badly with gaps, wait a few weeks and we will have our own customiseable quality option.

Phil

Anonymous

i got one    they look good  and only 3 quid  tricky to fit and need trimming slightly but overall ok

edward.carter

they are a bit tricky to fit and need trimming to size. I just think its a bit cheesy thats all liked the idea to start with but now im not so sure!

Anonymous

i really have,nt seen what it looks like from the rear , but the lady in my life seems to like it.  but then again she,s got 'bling' as a middle name  s:x :x s:x

philster_d

Ill get some photos

SteveJ

I'm back - just waiting for the photos of the test one on Phil's car to give you an idea of what is possible.

A word of warning though - they aren't going to be cheap. This is mainly due to my vinyl cutter only being able to cut a max width of 285mm which means I have to cut them lengthwise resulting in lots of wasted vinyl, pushing the price up (this could be offset by multiple orders being cut at the same time) At the moment, I cant commit to a production price except to say it is likely to be somewhere around £10 each (but this will include the top cover & P&P)

Also they are a major pain in the butt to fit due to the shape of the brake light - it took me well over an hour to fit to Phil's brake light.

The final snag is colour choice - the only exact match I have is black (not difficult to achieve I know!) All of the others are quite different from the stock paint colours. It should be possible to obtain better colour matches but this will involve quite a large capital outlay which I cant make without getting a better idea of numbers required.

Sorry to be so negative about this project - I just dont want people to be dissapointed if I cant live up to their expectations.

t11 gup

Hey!!!    s:D :D s:D  

If you want an idea of numbers of if people would like them id be well up for a blue one (2000 car) just so you know..... so come on all those with blue cars!!!! make it possible   s:D :D s:D  

Anyway, good luck with this.... sure your do an expert job   s8) 8) s8)
[size=75]Blue 2000, TTE lowering springs, TTE sports silencer, TTE rear grille, TTE rear spoiler,
Yellow J-spec front badge, Blue J-spec wheel caps, Black J-spec[/b] steering wheel badge, Dev\'s keyhole covers, clear repeaters
Anthracite refurbed stock alloys[/size]

Anonymous

I'll be up for a Black one if this gets going, looking forward to seeing the pic of the test one. (was going to buy on of e-bay a few weeks ago, SoOoO glad I didn't now I have read this Thread)   s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

I'm in for black as long as it doesn't block out too much light.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

i'm up for these too, £10 is still pretty cheap. i've got a red car, would prefer a red one, but black will do

Slacey

Steve, if / when you go ahead with these can you start a new thread please; the info is going to get lost in here I think.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

philster_d

Its hard to get a picture of.

We were talking about making negatives and then spraying ove the sticker and removing it later.

this will help on non black cars.

Phil

Anonymous

only thing with that, then its pretty much permanent, atleast with a sticker it could be removed at a later date if you wanted to take it off

Tags: