Insuring a 2zz swap

Started by LeeUK, September 6, 2005, 17:11

LeeUK

Good news for a few people, I have managed to get an insurance company to insure me on a 2zz swap.  Adrian Flux insurance will insure me for £988 (years premium) this includes a custom header and intake.  Just as a reference, I'm 23 and a careful driver.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

Anonymous

Lee you will be invincible on the track if you make this change.

LeeUK

But would you get in the car with me if I had the conversion?!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

Of course, this now begs the obvious question: Are you actually going to do it?

I presume the answer's yes, but obviously after you've got a house sorted (or Rachel will kill you!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ).

LeeUK

OK lads, here's the deal, I don't tell her if you don't.  I've set her up on the forum now as she does take an interest in the club so we'll have to keep it on the down low!

I have a code word, it's not the 2zz swap as she is pretty up on that, you now say "hows the catalytic converter!"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

As far as your question goes dan, I would like PPE to make a 4-1 manifold that fits direct the the present downpipe, I think they may well be making one.  But I'm tempted, seriously looking to after the holiday.

Shopping list

2zz and 6-speed gearbox
Apexi ECU
BMC/Reverie carbon air intake
Engine mounts
Adapted harness
A manifold
Lightend flywheel
Possibly uprated clutch for trackday abuse   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

Have i Missed anything?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

Are you not going to get in contact with LittleRocket over on SC and get some of his stuff? By all accounts, he's definately the man when it comes to 2ZZ swaps.

Anonymous

Quote from: "LeeUK"I have a code word, it's not the 2zz swap as she is pretty up on that, you now say "hows the catalytic converter!"   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Unless of course she reads this thread though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

LeeUK

Yes I have spoken to him and he came up with a nice package for me, I just fancy the 4-1 manifold as it suits the high rev output of the 2zz better.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Anonymous

Fair point.

BTW, anyone noticed the spelling mistake in Craig's sig yet?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Quote from: "cstevens"Unless of course she reads this thread though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

In which case, keep an eye on ebay for Lee's gonads..  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

LeeUK

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "cstevens"Unless of course she reads this thread though   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

In which case, keep an eye on ebay for Lee's gonads..  s;) ;) s;)   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Oh dear I hadn't thought of it in that way   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Jap GT300

Hi Lee,

Sorry I didn't reply to your tx from a while back.  I thought all of this would be off.  Guess i got it wrong   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

There is a 4 - 1 available.  I think Hass or MWR did it on SC.  The lotus makes great results with this type of header.

While doing the conversion it is also worth getting LR's dipstick and mount brackets (although these aren't essential)

Also a couple of people changed the intake gaskets to a thick metal type.  This also gave good results.

If you are after an engine and box later on I should have no trouble sourcing one for you.

Adam

Jap GT300

Also forgot to add, get the new type lift bolts.  DMC does cryo'd ones on SC.

LeeUK

Cheers adam I have a million and one questions on the swap, I'll sit down and write them all down at some point!  I'll have a look for this manifold.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

lets talka bout your old engine and box if you go ahead  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

roger

Quote from: "Ekona"Fair point.

BTW, anyone noticed the spelling mistake in Craig's sig yet?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
If we can convert him back to an MR2 one day, he is.............   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

LeeUK

No probs mark, in return for a little help?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

markiii

thought you'd never ask  :-) :-) :-)
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Damn you Mark, I was going to ask for that engine off him!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

LeeUK

How about using it as the "turbo clubs" spare?   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

(and you can both help me  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  )
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Bongo

What sort of budget would you need for a 2zz swap?

LeeUK

I'd say roughly £1800 quid plus and extras you wish to add to the 2zz internals.

£550 for Little rockets conversion kit, includeds the header, dipstick tube, engine bridge mount and wiring harness conversion.

£550 for the Apexi FC and controller, may have to buy pc software too.

£600 for a good engine, maybe less? Ask Adam.

£158 for the BMC carbon air intake.
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Bongo

Is that before you sell all the 1ZZ stuff?

It's tempting me TBH...

LeeUK

Yes I'd get some money back:

Unichip - £450

manifold and high flow cat - £400

1zz -    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]JELBE[/size]

[/color]

Bongo

Wouldn't you keep the unichip to tune the 2ZZ?

Tags: