TTE Superchargerd Corrolla

Started by Anonymous, November 19, 2005, 14:14

Anonymous

Anyone seen a new TTE Supercharged Corrolla now released. Powers qouated at 160pps so thats about 215 bhp I think. Don't know if this is a supercharged 2ZZ Ge but wouldn't it be great if it is.  s:P :P s:P  

Oh check out the new look TTE Site as well.

kanujunkie

only on the road, theres one in the local area, i was following it the other day and bugger me it goes like stink  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

and yes i beleive it is a supercharged 2zz
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

It'll be intresting to see some specs but from what little I've read bhps not up a whole lot (cosidering fensport are now offering this engine with 200bhp anyhow) but what is intresting is how max toque has dropped from 6000 revs to 4000. That should suit those of us with humble 5 speeds.

Mind you if an engine swap was on the cards I'd probabley still go for the 6 speed.

Anonymous

If you read a few older posts on superchargers you'll find out that the main prob is fitting one in. Although the Corolla engine is "the right one" to drop straight in, the supercharger would foul on the firewall. The only guy I know who's done it is on Spyderchat and he cut out the firewall to make room i.e. the supercharger was sitting part way into the rear cubby holes behind the seats.

I'm not trying to diss your idea by the way as I'd also love a supercharged 2  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

kanujunkie

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tem

There may be hope after all, quote from SC:
Quote from: "Carver"funny you ask, i recently got a TRD supercharger made for a 2003 Martix/Carolla, with the full install kit, to put on my 2003 smt. (used on ebay)

you can cut the firewall as webbIII did, or you can cut the blower as i am currently doing.  It should work perfectly... search for WebIII post on howto..

takes a bit of cutom either way...  I am hoping to be up and tuned next week if all goes well...  Will post when done.  
-hint, i was planning major surgery on the tops of 3 runners, plus a big reduction in the plenum 'bread box'. and completely remaking one runner.  A big hacking/welding job to say the leas, to avioid cutting the firewallt.  I went to Stafford's (SF) to ask his advice and imput, and labor.  He looks at it 5 minutes,... taking measurments... and had nifty 3 options for me.  10 Mins later my blower was sitting on a bare 1zz that he had, and was getting mock up lines drawn for cuts/mods.  He came up with a very simple solution that is so ingenious and yet so simple, i was amazed i missed it as an option....

Always wide-eyed at his solution finding ability-

No, he didn't tell more yet  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Interesting.... I hope my previous reply will be proved incorrect  s:) :) s:)

Tem

He got it fitted without touching the firewall  s8) 8) s8)

m http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4350879 m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

wish there were piccies though, cant make out exactly what he means without them  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Jap GT300

I can't wait to see the pictures!

Tags: