When Mods go bad

Started by Jap GT300, December 8, 2005, 08:50

Jap GT300

He can't have liked his car very much.  I like the E36 fog lamps, black wing mirrors and curved canards   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

kanujunkie

dear God, how disjointed is that, just looks like bits were thrown at it  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

richbay

i too like the black wing mirrors on the silver car, it looks very light weight TT 'ish

spit

Eye of the beholder and all that  s:? :? s:?

Its a warning for all of us to be selective about our mods......

Adam, did this go through the auction at a price that reflected the add-ons, or was it a no-sale?
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

philster_d

So are you saying someone was throwing hardtops at Ekona's car ?   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

no, the hard top looks good on Dans 2, but too many little bits can destroy the look of the 2 IMHO, it no longer looks clean, just tacky
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

First of all, I thought that WAS my car!  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

That picture, ladies and gentleman, is why I've started de-blinging my car. Too much, too fiddly, too fugly.

Peter Wright

I thought it looked quite nice,
Shall we start a poll ?
Pete.  1999 MRs.  Power Enterpise Turbo, Greddy Ultimate, Davids style bars,  Walnut Dash Kit,  2003 side pods, Chrome Mirrors & Windscreen Surround, TRD Spoiler, H&S quad exhaust, Corkeys Breast Plate, TRD Member braces, Fox Racing lightweight 17" racing alloys.

Jap GT300

Quote from: "spit"Eye of the beholder and all that  s:? :? s:?

Its a warning for all of us to be selective about our mods......

Adam, did this go through the auction at a price that reflected the add-ons, or was it a no-sale?

It goes though tonight!

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"dear God, how disjointed is that, just looks like bits were thrown at it :?

Yeah, too bad most of them stuck.

Jap GT300

Even worse?

aaronjb

Quote from: "Jap GT300"

I particularly like the 'speed holes' in the back...  s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"I particularly like the 'speed holes' in the back...  s:? :? s:?

Looks awful, but I bet they are functional. I wonder if it has/had the Top Secret turbokit, cause it has the same holes in the left side of the bumper...

Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

aaronjb

Quote from: "Tem"Looks awful, but I bet they are functional. I wonder if it has/had the Top Secret turbokit, cause it has the same holes in the left side of the bumper...

Granted - but still.. the holes in that TS kit (above the normal upper vent) look nice, the ones on that car just look like someone got trigger-happy with a tank cutter & cordless drill..  s:) :) s:)
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Darth Paul

Nah, it's parking sensors gone mad!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

aaronjb

Quote from: "Darth Paul"Nah, it's parking sensors gone mad!  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Considering we're talking about the country that gave us the 'parking aerial' (yes, a little aerial attached to the front nearside bumper corner so you can see where the front of the car is)....  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tem

Quote from: "aaronjb"the holes in that TS kit (above the normal upper vent) look nice, the ones on that car just look like someone got trigger-happy with a tank cutter & cordless drill..  s:) :) s:)

Yeah, I'm not into those myself  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I meant only the oil cooler vents under the tail light  s8) 8) s8)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

philster_d

I have seen a MK2 Turbo with a massive boot mount IC and similarly drilled out rear end.

LeeUK

Looks like it's been shot up by yardies in the Ghetto.  s:? :? s:?
[size=100]JELBE[/size]
MR2 Roadster 2zz Track/Racecar Project ......2% complete......

MR2ROC Go-Karting Champion 2005
[/color]

philster_d

it's like a jungle sometimes It makes me wonder how I keep from going under...............

hehe

Tags: