4-point harness

Started by kanujunkie, January 12, 2006, 22:31

Anonymous

Piccies please!  s:D :D s:D

Guess I shouldn't have sold my ones now...

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Piccies please!  s:D :D s:D

i'll take some after i've fitted the passenger one, i've not re-designed the covers yet and wont have time till after anglesey though
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Sod you then, I'll have to grab a few snaps at the track.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Excellent work Stu. Now my car is basically a track car, I'm very tempted to sell my stock leather seats, buy some Cobra's and fit harnesses. I'll have a good look at yours when I next see it.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Sod you then, I'll have to grab a few snaps at the track.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

patience me lad, patience  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

i'll take em tomorrow
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Slacey"Excellent work Stu. Now my car is basically a track car, I'm very tempted to sell my stock leather seats, buy some Cobra's and fit harnesses. I'll have a good look at yours when I next see it.

looks like there could be one problem with keeping the stock seats, the adjustment buckle on the left side is catching on the centre console when you move the seat, its fine for me, just a problem when Ele moves the seat

of course this isn't a problem if you replace the seats. BTW theres several mounting points for seats under the carpet, all you'd need to do is get some rivnuts installed
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

what are the other seat options ?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"what are the other seat options ?

take your pic, sparco corboeu rage etc etc, the bolting options are plates on the outboard side but the iboard side will most likely need customising. Were talking plate welding or some special bracket to reuse the stock point
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

here you go Dan. Second harness took about 30mins to fit, better than the 1/2 day yesterday  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

this is the centre console hole that needs tapping out to 7/16UNF

and the standard harness bolt re-attached with an eyebolt

[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"....I'm very tempted to sell my stock leather seats......

Excellent idea. Let me know if you are selling. I want leather   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

So what do you do for the MOT stu? do you leave the harness in place or remove it for the MOT? and do you use these on the road now?

Anonymous

Stu, didn't read the whole thread properly enough, but I take it that the hookup angle for the harness from David's bar is well within the required range for the system to function properly?

Tem

Have you considered what will happen, if you get into accident?

I mean the stock seats aren't meant for that sort of harness. They might not be able to handle the forces. You might snap the seats...or your spine.  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

kanujunkie

yes the origional harness's are still there for MOT purposes and yes it does meet all the requirements as far as the entry and exit angles which i got from sparco's website

m http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/16.pdf m

as far as fitment goes i had to retap the threads on the inboard side of the seat bolt down point to the same size as a standard harness eyebolt, the eyebolt then holds the seat in place. The outboard harness point is the standard seatbelt point, take the bolt out and put an eyebolt in, no tapping as its the right size already. The shoulder ones are just looped around the Davids bars which welded back to single piece bars for reinforcement. Last job is the bolt down point for the Davids bar. The standard bolt is like wiggling your finger around in a tunnel so you'll need to change them to a more tolerance fit for safety
[size=100]Stu[/size]

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Tem"Have you considered what will happen, if you get into accident?

I mean the stock seats aren't meant for that sort of harness. They might not be able to handle the forces. You might snap the seats...or your spine.  s:? :? s:?

remember the stock seat has to be able to take the force of the pretensioners in an accident so they shouldn't be takeing any more force than there origional design. Personally i dont have an issue with it from an engineering point of view. I'll take a photo one day of an aircraft seat, they're a hell of a lot flimsier than our seats with the seatbase on most boeings only being made of cloth suspended between 2 rails.
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Tags: