the greatest sat nav for the money!

Started by PET3R, February 1, 2006, 19:32

PET3R

pop down to your local SOMMERFILED and see if they have any sat navs left. they are selling off i3's and a PDA badged up as micromaxx but it is really medion/mio. the PDA is by far the better deal with a pop out gps reciever and medion navigator. everywhere in shops it is around 200 and online its 179.99 but at sommerfield it is only 130!!!! the i3 being 100.

i bort the micromaxx and i installed tomtom5 instead of the medion just for the speed cameras. the machine is great and highly recomended!

Tem

Yeah, they are getting cheaper and cheaper.  s8) 8) s8)

Used iPAQ's are going for £30 and less in eBay (in US) and GPS receivers can be had for £10.  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

SimonC_Here

The hardware may be getting cheaper but TomTom5 is still around £100 if you can get it without the reciever (which adds another £80 to the price)

Simon

Tem

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"TomTom5 is still around £100 if you can get it without the reciever (which adds another £80 to the price)

You might wanna eBay a bit, I just bought a used Tomtom 5 for less than 10 euros  s;) ;) s;)  It claimed to be an original with a license, but TBH, I wouldn't mind if it isn't. Receivers aren't £80 either. Well, I'm sure some are. We'll see if I got useless crap or a good buy.  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

SimonC_Here

Tomtom is €199 from the tomtom website. You can get it from Ebay for €10 but I wouldn't bet you can get official updates for it. Which is a problem if you have a VGA PDA like me. V5 has a memory leak, V5.1 is much better.

€298 for the software and bluetooth GPS reciever.

I know you can get cheaper/better/worse recievers I was just quoting the Tomtom one.

Simon

Tem

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"You can get it from Ebay for €10 but I wouldn't bet you can get official updates for it. Which is a problem if you have a VGA PDA like me. V5 has a memory leak, V5.1 is much better.

Yeah, like I said, I'd be surprised if it's the official version. Wouldn't mind paying another 10e for the update though.  s;) ;) s;)

Just to clear things up, I didn't mean to say the system in the first post wouldn't be cheap/good. Just giving out more ideas, in case someone doesn't want to pay that much. I was only after a cheap PDA anyway, for something completely else, but thought I might as well get these and see if it works.  s8) 8) s8)

SimonC_Here

if you do get one, you can always do a bit of Geocaching to keep you out of trouble.   s:D :D s:D

Simon

philster_d

I just got a tomtom for 399 from ebuyer inc vat and delivery.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"I just got a tomtom for 399 from ebuyer inc vat and delivery.

which one?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

philster_d

go 700

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d"go 700

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  good price!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

Two's Company

Quote from: "philster_d"I just got a tomtom for 399 from ebuyer inc vat and delivery.

Can you send it back?   s:? :? s:?  

I've just been in Tesco and they have the TomTom 700 for £343.

kanujunkie

and i just got the father in law a TT 500 for £292
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Where from Stu?

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"Where from Stu?

duty free  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

i get duty free at airports just for having an airside pass, only thing i cant buy is fags and booze

pm me if you want one Dan and we'll sort something out
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

No need fella, I get the same deal at Stansted. 'Tis a great way to buy really expensive stuff, isn't it?  s:D :D s:D

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"No need fella, I get the same deal at Stansted. 'Tis a great way to buy really expensive stuff, isn't it?  s:D :D s:D

oh yeah, and if you go to dixons you can use the £5 off vouchers as well that can be printed off there website
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

Do they do the Road Angel Navigator in the duty free Stu???
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Liz"Do they do the Road Angel Navigator in the duty free Stu???

i'm not in for the next 6 days, so remind me next week Liz and i'll take a look for ya  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

Thank you!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

philster_d

s:idea: :idea: s:idea:  

Stus  Plasma Shack

kanujunkie

Quote from: "philster_d":idea:

Stus  Plasma Shack

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

i can just imagine me walking through customs with that  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
[size=100]Stu[/size]