newbie needs help!

Started by Anonymous, February 12, 2006, 11:41

Anonymous

I would like an upgraded alarm but would like to know if the std is worth leaving in??
Also, the stereo is not lit up like a crimbo tree how I like!  So I may change that!  s:D :D s:D  

Will changing things on my 06 reg effect the warranty??

Thanks X

Anonymous

well, the standard UK alarm is a nice little Category 1 number, so fitting a better one certainly won't reduce insurance premiums as far as I'm aware. I'd imagine the only benefit would be to get extra features such as remote starting, txt alerts when triggered, etc. but personally, from a security point of view I would've thought it'd be fine.

I think some have relocated the siren to the front, under the plastic cover under the bonnet, to increase the volume, but I think that's about it.

spend the cash on an antiflex plate (which shouldn't affect warranty unless it directly caused some malfunction, which is unlikely), or a Unichip, which could be relatively easily removed if you did need to claim on warranty for something to do with the engine/electrics...   s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

With regards to the stereo, it shouldn't affect warranty unless there was a chance that your work on the stereo loom directly caused the fault that you were trying to claim for, which i think is quite unlikely...

philster_d

Quote from: "jamesr1"the only benefit would be to get extra features such as remote starting

A word of warning about remote start, this will probably invalidate your insurance and possibly upset mr police man (or miss   s:) :) s:)  ).

A long raging debate from the MR2 Mk2 club.

Phil

Anonymous

Quote from: "philster_d"and possibly upset mr police man (or miss   s:) :) s:)  ).

A long raging debate from the MR2 Mk2 club.

Phil

yeah, i guess, but then they never take too kindly to someone going from 0-40 in about 4secs either!!!   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:    even if you're not breaking the speed limit!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

I won't upset mr or miss Policeman   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: