Gauging Interest- Replacement cover for lever release

Started by Anonymous, July 6, 2005, 00:16

Anonymous

I'd go for one in brushed aluminium which had MR2 or Roadster on it too...

Anonymous

Steve is making them for me. I mentioned "Roadster" and the J-Spec emblem, but he said the machine wouldn't go that small. I'll ask him about MR2. What font is that for MR2 as well as for Roadster.

markiii

hmm don't see whay if it can do syder that small it can'do roadster, the font size should be teh same
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Chris

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "Chris"sounds like a winner all round then..  my tab is still missing in action after it flew off again the other day...

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Never even had one with mine - obviously that's what happened to the previous owner, so I just have two ugly screws  s:? :? s:?

And whats the betting that it costs a packet at Mr T?

Can't decide between brushed or stainless, so will wait for the piccies...

BTW lordretsudo - you could always have both logos!  My car has   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

SteveJ

Quote from: "markiii"hmm don't see whay if it can do syder that small it can'do roadster, the font size should be the same

Nope - the word Roadster is far more complex than the spyder logo that we are using, with the result that it doesnt release cleanly from the surrounding waste vinyl.

I have spent a lot of time trying to get the cutter setup exactly right to achieve a reasonable yield, but so far only 1% of the output is useable which would result in each sticker costing around £15 (!)

MR2 is do-able though  s:) :) s:)

edward.carter

I think MR2 on brushed aluminium 4 me please but will make fianl decision when sample piccies are posted    s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "SteveJ"
Quote from: "markiii"hmm don't see whay if it can do syder that small it can'do roadster, the font size should be the same

Nope - the word Roadster is far more complex than the spyder logo that we are using, with the result that it doesnt release cleanly from the surrounding waste vinyl.

I have spent a lot of time trying to get the cutter setup exactly right to achieve a reasonable yield, but so far only 1% of the output is useable which would result in each sticker costing around £15 (!)

MR2 is do-able though  s:) :) s:)

Steve if we do MR2, it will need to be 7/16" Tall by whatever that makes it wide. I'm not sure of the Font.   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Ok guys and gals, they are here! Go to the SpyderChat site to see them and place your orders. The Custom plates turned out awesome! Steve did an excellent job on the decals. I apologize for the picture quality. I was trying to get good closeups and couldn't seem to get the focus to work right. I plan to have MR2 decals as well.  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

heathstimpson

Ordered mine; good value really  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

Yep, my order is in as well - shame it's not in time for JAE, I reckon these are going to look the nuts!!   s8) 8) s8)
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Well guys they are now shipping with both the Spyder decal and the MR2 decal. See the new MR2 shown on brushed aluminum here:

Everybody that has ordered has shipped as of tonight, other than one black painted that the heat and bad humidity have played havoc with.
If you guys will post some installed pics so other members can see how nice these are, I would appreciate it. Also post some Pull enhancement pics.  s:) :) s:)  

Greggy

Chris

Now that looks good!!  maybe I should get that one as well and swap it with ny spyder one occasionally   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Have you seen my install pic gregg? Originally posted in the group buy thread, but here it is:

[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"Now that looks good!!  maybe I should get that one as well and swap it with my spyder one occasionally   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Have you seen my install pic gregg? Originally posted in the group buy thread, but here it is:

Sorry Chris, but I don't see it. What am I missing?  s:? :? s:?

Chris

you asked for installed pics...   s:? :? s:?  

unless of course you meant pics of the cover as well as the pull tab...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
[size=100]
[/size]

Tem

(the pic didn't work yesterday, got just the infamous red cross)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chris"you asked for installed pics...   s:? :? s:?  

unless of course you meant pics of the cover as well as the pull tab...   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Looks Great! Now show it with the cover plate when you get it. Thanks.  s:) :) s:)

Slacey

Hi Gregg,

my aluminium plate didn't quite arrive in time for the big show, but I have just fitted it in the pouring rain and it looks great! Pics tomorrow...  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Chris

Quote from: "Greggy"
Quote from: "Chris"you asked for installed pics...   s:? :? s:?  

Looks Great! Now show it with the cover plate when you get it. Thanks.  s:) :) s:)

I got my plate a few days ago and fitted using a bit a blu-tac, but can't get a pic just yet as my bro has my camera...
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Fitted mine with Uhu - can't afford blutack!!

Looks really good. I'm no designer but it kinda breaks up the cabin really effectively.

Thanks for the fast shipping and great quality   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

philster_d

You guys must be forgetful needing to write the name of the car on everything    s:P :P s:P

Anonymous

That's not true. And you leave my MR3 out of this   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

heathstimpson

Got mine just after JAE too; think it looks really good on  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Chris

found a slight flaw with my logic of ordering a stainless one to match the other shiny bits around the cabin:  the sun now has a nice little place to glint off and be very distracting in the rear view mirror!!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

still, it should only be a problem for a few days of the year with our weather!!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
[size=100]
[/size]

Anonymous

Word of advice people. Don't use UHU, as when you brake if flies off into the windscreen. Yes I am speaking from personal experience!!

Soopaglue works MUCH better   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Tags: