Third Breaklight Cover on E-Bay

Started by Anonymous, August 31, 2005, 11:35

Anonymous

never seen these before................anyone got one or seen one?

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dllV ... Track=true m

kanujunkie

link just comes up as page not responding, but i know the sort of thing you mean, they come with some rear spoilers, the type that has the brake light built in to them
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

kanujunkie

heres the correct link HERE

ok so ignore my previous post its a style cover, quite cool IMHO
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

Gotta say, I kind of like that, thinking of going for it   s:) :) s:)  
Do you think it`ll be legal?

Anonymous

Just bought one, soon find out the legalities of it all once its on   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

philster_d

3rd brakelight or high level brake light is surplus to requirements im sure it will be fine.

I have seem some with writing a few years back, also a heart shapes light rope once.   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

kanujunkie

e-mailed the guy to see wether he can do coloured ones, silver, red, etc, etc
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

i think the black would be nice, just finish it off...........any ideas on other slogans rather than just the standard "Roadster" logo???

philster_d

"Dont bend my TTE"

kanujunkie

i'll see what he comes back with on the first question and then approach him on different designs
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

Quote from: "kanujunkie"e-mailed the guy to see wether he can do coloured ones, silver, red, etc, etc

If its just  standard vinyl cut could SteveJ do it through the club. Rather he / we got the cash   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

kanujunkie

Quote from: "roger"
Quote from: "kanujunkie"e-mailed the guy to see wether he can do coloured ones, silver, red, etc, etc

If its just  standard vinyl cut could SteveJ do it through the club. Rather he / we got the cash   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

good Q,

SSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEEE!!!!
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Anonymous

I desperately need one of these in 1E7 as my spoiler never came with one (that's what you get for buying TRD knock-offs   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

Stu, you da man.   s8) 8) s8)

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Ekona"I desperately need one of these in 1E7 as my spoiler never came with one (that's what you get for buying TRD knock-offs   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

i'd check what this is Dan, i thought it was the full cover at first too, it's not, its just a sticker that goes over the light to form words, check the link again mate
[size=100]Stu[/size]

roger

All 3 on offer gone within 24 hours  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  and it looks like all from here!
(I thought he had 10 originally, must have dreamt that   s:? :? s:? )

So Steve, wakey, wakey!

unfortunately you've got a fairly keen price as well!
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "Ekona"I desperately need one of these in 1E7 as my spoiler never came with one (that's what you get for buying TRD knock-offs   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  ).

i'd check what this is Dan, i thought it was the full cover at first too, it's not, its just a sticker that goes over the light to form words, check the link again mate

Ah, my bad.   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  

Still need a cover though   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

aaronjb

Quote from: "kanujunkie"i'd check what this is Dan, i thought it was the full cover at first too, it's not, its just a sticker that goes over the light to form words, check the link again mate

From the picture it looks like it only covers the 'back' of the light, too.. So you'll still have the red (and light-up) visible on the 'top' horizontal surface of the light..

I think it'll look a bit pap to be honest, but I'm willing to be proven wrong  s:? :? s:?
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Slacey

Quote from: "aaronjb"From the picture it looks like it only covers the 'back' of the light, too.. So you'll still have the red (and light-up) visible on the 'top' horizontal surface of the light..
I thought that too - if it covers the whole unit top and bottom I'm definately interested as it will finish off the look of the rear with the smoked DAMD light covers.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

I`ll post a pic when mines on, let you lot be the judges   s:D :D s:D  

Thought I`d give it a go as the price was pretty good

kanujunkie

think your probably right guys, but if it does cover the whole thing then it could look resonable
[size=100]Stu[/size]

Liz

I would go for one with the club url on it, would look ok I think   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

Well I recieved mine today and am deeply dissapointed. It doesn`t cover the whole brake light, the shape is not right, to short in length and has to much width   s:( :( s:(
Oh well, thats 2 pints of beer`s worth of money thrown away   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

kanujunkie

the guy was being too shady in conversation as well, just wanted a sale, but was avoiding any q's

ahh well
[size=100]Stu[/size]

philster_d

ah well at least now we have the idea.

Someone can do something better.   s:) :) s:)

Philster

SteveJ

Quote from: "kanujunkie"
Quote from: "roger"

good Q,

SSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVEEEEEE!!!!

If someone wants to bring a roadster to me for a fitting session (dont forget I no longer have a roadster), then no problems at all with doing something like this. I am pretty certain I can do something about covering the top of the light too. Once I have done the first fit, subsequent ones can be customised with your choice of logo.

Price-wise I can probably get pretty close to the price he is quoting - the amount of uncut vinyl (which is what dictates the price not the size of the finished article) is going to be similar to the caliper stickers, so should be about £6 inc p&p

Volunteers? If anyone is up for this, it will need to be at a weekend and due to my impending Oz / Indy car trip I will only be around 10/11 & 17/18 after that I will be out of the country until November  s8) 8) s8)

*SPECIAL OFFER* - The volunteer who can get to me in Luton first will get theirs for free (assuming we can get a decent result)

Tags: