Anonymous

i am thinking about getting the lowered springs from the main dealer

what do they feel like i.e are they a much harder ride

do they make the car look much better

basically should i bother to change

this posting should also go in the peformace section as well i suppose

markiii

great improvement all round. Do it.

though consider the eibachs they are cheaper.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

MRMike

Evo had a long term car and loved them too..

"With less slack in the springs it changed direction in the esses like you'd replaced the front bodywork with carbon panels. On the road the ride was firmer and the MR2 felt better connected to the road surface, but it didn't seem any more crashy. In fact, the lowered suspension seemed to improve the previously jittery ride over awkwardly spaced bumps. The front end's extreme pointiness was also softened fractionally, a bonus on unfamiliar roads, although the steering did lose a bit of its delicacy".

I really need to get some sorted! It's just there is so many different things on my list!
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Liz

Plenty about lowering springs with pictures on:

m http://www.mr2roc.org/viewtopic.php?t=1438 m
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

heathstimpson

I'm going to get these done with my 1st year service. I assume the alignment will need checking afterwards  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

markiii

definateltm don't let them convince you otherwise it should be included as part of the fitting cost.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Slacey

I'd have lowered ages ago if my 17's had been the right offset... anyone got any cheap adjustable struts going?  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

markiii

told you should have bought my alloys  :-) :-) :-)

what happened to machining them?

Slacey

Quote from: "markiii"what happened to machining them?
When I get my 15's to Telford, the one wheel that I scuffed in Paris is going in to be refurbed (again), they will look at machining it then - if they reckon they can do it, I'll have the other wheel done too, then hopefully I can buy me some Eibachs  s:D :D s:D
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Comer

They are great mod.  The car looks like it should have came that way.  The cornering is better because you find yourself going quicker (as I now brake a little later!).

There is a little more feedback through the suspension but it's only a pain on very badly surfaced roads.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I guess this has been talked about before and (sorry Liz) I don't really have time to trawl through the old posts about it, but what kinda price we looking at with fitting for the lowered springs? Not going to be an immediate buy, but if they are THAT good, then I might look to invest in 6 or so months........maybe along with the braces........  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:

aaronjb

I really must get to a meet and check the height of my car vs. everyone elses.. If I lowered mine any, I wouldn't be able to get to my house  s:eek: :eek: s:eek:  and there's only a 1.5" tall rumble strip thing outside the house! 2-up it already scrapes the bottom...
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

Anonymous

From what I remember Mr T quoted me about £350 to fit TTE springs.
But then they also tried to assure me that it wouldn't need the alignment checked afterwards!  s:? :? s:?

markiii

based upon the meet we did last eyar where we fitted 5 sets in a day,

it is unlikely that your alignment will move out of spec if you take care when installing teh springs.

HoweverMrT take care? unlikely

You are removing the struts to change the springs this means your camber settings at the very least will change. Whether they change enough to be outside specs who know, but they should at the very least do a check to make sure it still is in spec.

DO NOT accept NO for an answer. You shouldn't have to pay another £50-£90 to have this done afterwards.

Having said which fitting the springs is so easy I wouldn't pay them fo the privilige anyway.

kanujunkie

Quote from: "Blanco"From what I remember Mr T quoted me about £350 to fit TTE springs.
But then they also tried to assure me that it wouldn't need the alignment checked afterwards!  s:? :? s:?

s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  how much!!, tooling won't cost much more than £30 provideing you have a socket set, hammer and pin punches, probably won't take any longer than 1hr per wheel plus a slow drive to get the alignment done  s:) :) s:)
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

GSB

Quote from: "kanujunkie"socket set, hammer and pin punches,

Dont forget the spring compressors!
[size=50]Ex 2001 MR2 Roadster in Silver
Ex 2004 Facelift MR2 Roadster in Sable Grey
Ex 2007 Mazda 6 MPS in Mica Black
Current 2013 Mazda MX5 2.0 \'Venture Edition\' Roadster Coupe in Brilliant Black[/size]

Anonymous

Toyota fitted mine for £280 including geom check.
Car looks so much better now!

heathstimpson

Quote from: "Jon H"Toyota fitted mine for £280 including geom check.
Car looks so much better now!
It looks like the dealers pick a price they think you'll pay as everyone seems to have coughed up different amounts again. Suppose its the local labour rates that does it  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: