195/50/15 AD08R & 215/45/16

Started by swandez, January 3, 2017, 21:13

swandez

Having a tyre size dilemma, decided I'm going for the AD08R however I'm dubious of upping the rears on my facelift rear wheels to 225/45/16 due to the larger sidewall & increase in ride height/reduced acceleration.

My question is if I stick with the stock 215/45/16 is there enough of a stagger to up the fronts from the stock 185's to 195's?

shnazzle

I've been running 195f and 225r AD08Rs for years. Wouldn't have it any different.
I wouldnt say it's slower. It might be on a track against the exact same car, driver weight, etc with stock size tyres. But in real life? Nah
...neutiquam erro.

mikek

+1 195f 225r. I run these sizes on mine also stock wheels. Same sizes but toyo's on kates car. No issues and more grip.
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

swandez

Ok cool that's good to know I might have to just take the plunge a go with the 225's....

Assume this setup is a decent improvement over stock?

Ardent

Swandez
If not upping the back why up the front.
I'm running AD08Rs in stock sizes. Never once felt I needed more. Not in my B road world.
Track - maybe.

Ardent

AD08Rs in stock sizes are a big improvement over OEM tyres.

What condition is your suspension in? old? new? stock? coilys?
When these components are fresh and fresh rubber.
Get a high quality Geo done to pull it all together.
I have fresh stock suspension and 08 tyres. But it was not until the geo was done did it all work in harmony.

I went to wheels in motion to get mine done.
Car has never felt so planted.
Well worth the trip.

Topdownman

I went for 195 and 225s when I got my new wheels but recently have had to put the standard wheels/bridgestones back until I can roll the arches (due to the new ET) and the first time back on standard I did think it was it accelerating quicker.

I am happy with my choice for my use though and they are great tyres which I cant wait to get back on the car.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

swandez

Quote from: "Ardent"AD08Rs in stock sizes are a big improvement over OEM tyres.

What condition is your suspension in? old? new? stock? coilys?
When these components are fresh and fresh rubber.
Get a high quality Geo done to pull it all together.
I have fresh stock suspension and 08 tyres. But it was not until the geo was done did it all work in harmony.

I went to wheels in motion to get mine done.
Car has never felt so planted.
Well worth the trip.

Not long had Tein springs, whiteline camber bolts & geo done at Rouge, front camber -1.5 degree +1mm toe, rear -2 degree -2mm toe....

Ardent

Fresh shocks same time as teins?

Teins same as you.
Fresh stock shocks
Mr T bolt (90105-14147) for camber adjustment £3.50

Dudi

What size AD08R would be advised for track use on facelift 15F 16R wheels?

Ardent

if you are running stock power I would say stock sizes.
Other opinions will no doubt suggest otherwise

Huambo81a

What size would you recommend so i can put an order in?

I have a 2zz, so woud like to go 225 rear, and 195 front. What are the specs i need?

Thanks
2ZZ - Apexi PFC - Proflow Exhaust - Yellowspeed Coilovers

Topdownman

I went for 225/45/16, 195/50/15 yokohama ad08rs but I am not sure if there were any other options with a lower profile?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Dudi

I've got a 2ZZ as well, would like a neutral to slight oversteer balance and from past experience increasing the width of the tyres tend to favour that balance. Factory setup seems to favour a more safe/understeer setup.

Does a square setup work quite well for track MR2's? If so what sizes?

Ardent

Dudi.
Sounds like you know what you want handling wise.
Once you have you tyres. Visit wheels in motion. They can dial in whatever setting you like.

shnazzle

Have you  considered a career in sales Jason?  s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

Ardent

I'd make a better heart surgeon than salesman. Rubbish at selling stuff. End just giving stuff away.

Just one for giving credit where it's due.
When you visit them, they ask you what purpose is the car to be used for, stock, fast road, track or whatever.

shnazzle

I wish they were a bit closer
...neutiquam erro.

Dudi

I take my other cars to Litchfield motors for alignment and setup but will have a look into Wheels in Motion.

I think running square setup would be ideal for tyre wear and possibly running with spacers at the front for increased track but able to switch them onto rears when necessary.

Ardent

Shnazzle
So do I. Relatively speaking.

Tags: