Anyone out their got an Inovate LM-1 Heed teh warning !

Started by markiii, January 8, 2007, 14:18

markiii

Guys following teh first use of my wideband yesterday I decided to follow teh instructions and upgrade to teh latest firmware 1.42 using as advised teh latest software.

Which promptly killed my LM-1  :-) :-) :-)

having now read teh support forum it seems Innovate have known about this for 12 months plus, and have failed to update their website where it instructs you to do so.

I am now awaiting a returns number (along with dozens of others) to get teh unit reflashed.

happy I am not.  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

So be warned if you have teh LM-1 or even LC-1 I suggest you think twice before upgrading anything.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

Thanks for the tip off, this is the unit that matches my sensor.

The one from innovate

Anonymous

thanks Mark I have the sensor and afr guage.

Tem

Quote from: "markiii"latest firmware 1.42

Did you find out what should be improved in that one?

I was browsing the forum in advance and noticed many have had issues with it.  s:? :? s:?  Didn't see what that update is all about anyway, so I just skipped it.  s:? :? s:?
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

markiii

no idea but even though innovate aren;t claiming problems with teh firmware they are shipping reflashed units back with 1.41 installed.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

philster_d

Mine is new anyway so fingers crossed for the new version.

Anonymous

My LC-1 has been on the original release v1.0 since 2004 and its fine with that.

VVT-i

Sorry to dig up an old thread.. but a couple of questions.

AFR Wideband..

1. Do you really need one?.. going by the search results.. yes, advisable
2. Is the innovate the best one?.. again, by searching.. it would seem so
3. where is the best/cheapest place to get one?.. any recommendations?
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

aaronjb

Whether you need one really depends on what you're planning on doing.. I presume you're going forced induction?  If you're staying NA then no, you really don't need one (you'd be hard pushed to have the parameters of your tune change enough to need one, and the standard CELs will protect you)

If you're going turbo then I'd highly recommend getting one.  It's not 'essential' if you're going to fit it and then have the whole setup tuned by someone reputable (Mark hasn't had his fitted yet, IIRC, and his engine hasn't expired yet).. but personally I'd rather have some indication if the tune is wandering, along with other guages (boost is essential, oil temperature also good to have, oil pressure handy)

The Innovate comes out on top regularly - I'm going to go with the XD-16 most likely.

The prices are pretty much identical all over thanks to a set RRP, but I was going to get one from Apex Performance in the UK -  w www.apexperformance.co.uk w
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)
ex-2002 MR2 TopSecret Turbo Roadster[/size]

VVT-i

Thanks aaronjb.. and yes, I will be going turbo  s:) :) s:)

I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.. is this it?

Long Ebay link

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

aaronjb

That's the one - although I shyed away from buying off eBay for this one (even though I buy a lot off eBay) because of the warning on the Innovate site about counterfeit goods and a lack of backup if you buy them.
[size=85]2001 Vauxhall Omega 3.2V6 Elite / 2003 BMW M3 Convertible / Dax 427 (in build)

Tem

Like aaron said, careful where you buy from. It's a great product, probably the best, so of course there are people trying to make money on it.  s:? :? s:?

Buy it direct from them, unless you really trust the reseller.
 m http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ m

VVT-i

Just found this.. good price if it's the right thing.

m http://www.vwspeedshop.com/store/produc ... 415&page=1 m

spit

That's an excellent price  s8) 8) s8)  and the 16 is so much better than the older gauge.

Good find Davy.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Anonymous

Two other things the IMS Bosch WB sensor has going for it:

1. VW dealers stock directly PnP replacement O2 sensors for <$US50.
In fact, that where IMS gets them. Sensor&cable.

2. More and more rolling road dyno's will plug right into it so you dont have to rely on their tailpipe sniffer. Use your own sensor in its own bung.

aaronjb

Quote from: "VVT-i"Just found this.. good price if it's the right thing.

That's an excellent price - and an authorised reseller, too.

Fancy seeing if they'll do a GB discount?  s;) ;) s;)

Wabbitkilla

£250.34 including delivery - very nice.

I paid £250 for an LC1+XD16 kit on eBay, but i would have gone with this one if i'd found it.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tem

Quote from: "spit"the 16 is so much better than the older gauge

What older gauge?  s:? :? s:?

IIRC, the 16 was the first gauge they had and for quite some time the only one. The analog gauges are new.

VVT-i

Quote from: "aaronjb"
Quote from: "VVT-i"Just found this.. good price if it's the right thing.

That's an excellent price - and an authorised reseller, too.

Fancy seeing if they'll do a GB discount?  s;) ;) s;)

Sorry.. but I've already ordered mine.... but at least you can save on the £300 odd from Apex Performance  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "spit"the 16 is so much better than the older gauge

What older gauge?  s:? :? s:?

IIRC, the 16 was the first gauge they had and for quite some time the only one. The analog gauges are new.
I have one of the first gauges made. I ordered it from IMS 3months before the LC/XD combo were first released to production and they called it an "XD-1" .

From internet pics it looks identical to the XD-16.

Also, the wiring count and colors on my LC-1 is different than the units they've been selling for almost 2 years. The older units have 6 wires instead of 7 and grounding is different.

spit

My bad english Tem  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  but yes, my setup was slightly different to Bill's and they reworked the package again just after I bought mine. Wiring has been further simplified on both LC1 and gauge so the install is easier. The conflicting earth problem between LC1 and gauge seems to have been dispensed with too due to both hardware and firmware revisions.

Tem

Yes, I knew about the changes in the unit. Was just wondering if there's something significant in the gauge too.

spit

IIRC it earths through the serial cable now rather than using its own ground wire.

Using an alalogue feed from the LC1 sent my gauge crazy, which Klaus confirmed as an earthing conflict. Nic has the 'new' gauge and has had no stability issues on the readout after tapping an analog into the EM-U.

VVT-i

I received my kit from VW Speed Shop today  s:) :) s:)

spit

Nice one Davy  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Tem - have checked my documentation. Mine is an XD-1 aswell - the XD-16 officially superceded it in February '06.

Tags: