what do you lot think of these wheels???? eh eh ??

Started by Anonymous, February 24, 2007, 16:54

Anonymous

in 17" on a silver 2   thanks in advance   s:D :D s:D  

Anonymous

with uniroyal tyres????

VVT-i

I like them.. should look good on the '2, especially silver.

Uniroyal tyres are ok in my experiance.. but if you can get Toyo's do it.. I know we all go on about them, but they really are the bast

What sizeS of tyres are you going for.. I have 205/40x17 F and 215/45x17 R and have no issues.

Is the car lowered?.. If not you will NEED to lower it after fitting the 17".. for 2 reasons really.

1. Looks.. The car will look like it's on stilts unless you lower it.

2. Handling.. The car will be too high at the front and too much air will get under it making the front end twitchy at speed.. lowering is a must.. this is from personal experiance.
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

alancdavis

Nice   s8) 8) s8)
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Anonymous

I like, do it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

17" Tyre Upgrade 2054017TOYOUP £ 34.04  £ 40.00   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15    
Upgrade Premium Performance to High Performance Toyo Proxes T1-S 205/40/ZR17 Tyres. Qty 1 upgrades all 4.

extra £ 40 quid for toyo

will it need 215's on the back??

what springs would you recomend???

will my insurance premium go up much????

is that to many questions?????

do you think i should get indians or chinease for tea tonight??????  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

You'll need a wider width on the back to maintain as close to the stock offset as possible.
Not doing this will have devastating consequences on handling and safety.

You have been warned!

Ps - Nice wheels!  s:D :D s:D

Springs wise - Can't beat a set of TTE springs IMO. £300 fitted at your local Toyota garage for a 30mm drop and firmer ride.

Anonymous

And get an Indian

- Tiger prawn balti with peshwari naan - mmmmmm!  s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Springs wise - Can't beat a set of TTE springs IMO. £300 fitted at your local Toyota garage for a 30mm drop and firmer ride.[/quote]

hmmmmmm this is getting expensive  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  any cheaper option /diy kits?

p.s balti's rule ( maddras hot )  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

markiii

whereabouts are you?
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

newcastle like like like  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

markiii

hmm driving to me to fit them is not going to be cheaper then  s:D :D s:D
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

evileye_wrx

I didn't realise you were in the Toon, Patrick, like like. Where abouts? For that matter, whereabouts was the crash? Another member of the Geordie contingent.    s8) 8) s8)  

Anyway, back on Thread, The wheels look pretty good. I had difficulty trying to pursade Rochford, and some other Ebay Wheel and Tire Sellers I wanted different size tires on the back. In the end I got frustrated so went, first to Halfords, and then after further frustration to Silverstone Performance.

If your looking for the cheaper option on springs, and can fit them yourself then look at these....

m http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEIN-LOWERING-SPR ... dZViewItem m

That is a pretty reasonable price for those. hope this helps.

Phil
Phil

Black 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Prodrive 265bhp
Ex Silverstone 03 Honda S2000GT 240bhp
Ex Silver 03 VX220 Turbo 200bhp
Ex Sable and Carbon 05 MR2 Roadster Turbo 205bhp

Anonymous

alright phil cheers for the link mate will check it out...

hmmmm nightmare about rochford and tyres i realy want those wheels.

i live in chester le street.. where are you from?? the crash was on the slip road going onto the a1231 ( washington highway ) towards sunderland. another roc member stopped to say he just smashed his 2 up in nearly the same place!!!

well when its all sorted will have to have a spin round our way...top down  s8) 8) s8)

Liz

You might want to read this as well...

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12970 m

I have dealt with them when I used to live near there, but that was only for a refurbish, however, when I went back to collect the wheels and have them put on the car - they forgot that bit and stuffed them in the passenger seat!

I would also be concerned as they quoted for T1-S, they don't make them anymore - just the T1-R
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

wew thanks liz i will see if i can get the wheels from somewhere else  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  cant be bothered with this sort of carry on

VVT-i

I have Tien Springs.. can't fault them.. excellent feel to the car.

As for sourcing.. Try Envy Performance as they are in your nick of the woods...Bedlington. (they do some very nice wheels too)

I have delt with them many times and have never been let down yet.

I would deffinately go for at least 215's for the rear... and you can't beat good old fashioned fish n  chips  s;) ;) s;)
2005 MR2 Roadster  (Black)
P.E. Turbo and other stuff that gives 234BHP  \";)\"

Quote from: \"Wabbitkilla\"Mine is a bit stiff when cold, but once it\'s warmed up it slips in nicely.

evileye_wrx

Quote from: "patrick_devereux"i live in chester le street.. where are you from??

Fawdon in Newcastle

Quote from: "patrick_devereux"well when its all sorted will have to have a spin round our way...top down  s8) 8) s8)

Sounds like a plan

Phil
Phil

red_leicester

I was going to mention my 'experience' with Rochford, but Liz pointed you in the right direction.  Maybe they get 99.9% of orders right, but they p***ed me off so much I just wanted to make people aware.

Nice wheels though.  Have you considered the weight of 17s Patrick ?
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Anonymous

will there be much of a weight change??

even so im not that bothered as i dont realy hammer it anyway...honestly!
just think it will look realy nice in these rims there the only ones thet realy stood out out of the 20 or so pages i looked at  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Liz

Have a good read - there is loads on the forum about 17" wheels, getting the correct offset has been mentioned to you and I hope that you take notice of that.  Weight is an issue with larger wheels as they will slow you down.

Anonymous

agggggggggh so much to think about  cost of wheels/ weight/ tyres/ trye size/ lowering/ insurance cost/ WILL MY WIFE KERB THEM IN THE FIRST WEEK!!!/   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  

I dont know i mite just look for a new set of standard wheels with some good tyres.......  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Liz

Have a look on here for different examples...but having seen your above post you probably won't want to look..

m http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9911 m

evileye_wrx

It was the chore of finding wheels I really liked with the correct offset and width etc that finally brought me to the lazy mans decision to go for the SP wheels made specifically for the '2. My first choice, from Rochford, went by the way cos of the expense of larger tires for the rears, and  my second choice of Oz Ultraleggara's was put aside because Halfords took 2 months to order them so I cancelled. I think now I definitely made the right decision .

Phil
Phil

red_leicester

I really like the SP wheels, having seen them on loadswine's red 2.  Quite pricey thouth   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:!: :!: s:!:
[size=84]Jez[/size]
[size=75]2001 Red MR2[/size]

Tags: